Netduma R2 Internet dropping out

joeldiq

Good Morning,

I've seen a few other people have been having a similar issue to what i"m having.

At random points of the day, my internet will drop out completely, sometimes this will happen from once up to three times a day.
Everything is still connected to the router and I can access the router settings via my laptop or phone, once in the router settings, it looks like the router has disconnected from the WAN.

If I power cycle the router, it it will reconnect to the WAN after about 5 minutes.

I have tried a few of the other solutions I've seen on this forum, including disabling IPv6 on the WAN settings and changing the DHCP lease time to 168 hours, but it hasn't seemed to have fixed the issue.

I was wondering if there is any other solutions to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

What is the model of the modem/router the R2 is connected to? If it's not a pure modem then giving the R2 a static/reserved WAN IP on the modem should help to prevent the issue.

35 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

What is the model of the modem/router the R2 is connected to? If it's not a pure modem then giving the R2 a static/reserved WAN IP on the modem should help to prevent the issue.

Thanks mate, Thanks for the quick reply!

I am using the R2 as a standalone router/modem, I have directly replaced the router supplied to me from my ISP, as it was a pretty basic unit.

I have a static IP address as part of my Internet plan with my ISP, do I need to change anything in my router settings to suit this?

Cheers

• Administrators

Ahh okay that's good. Yes in WAN Settings on the R2 instead of using DHCP use static instead and enter the details you have, apply, then reboot the router from the interface. That should keep it online