XR1000 nighthawk changing geographical location in COD Warzone

dak13

Hello everyone, I’m having an issue where when I use my XR1000 nighthawk call of duty warzone thinks I’m in Louisiana when I am actually on the east coast. I have tried it with my PC directly linked to the modem and the geographical location reads correctly. I think it is causing lag as it is putting me in servers that are farther away from me. Are there any settings you think I could mess with to try and fix this?

This still occurs even if the geo filter is disabled. 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Interesting it reads correctly when direct to the modem, what is your modem model? Shouldn't make a difference as you'd have the same public IP through the router. If you use the Geo-Filter to force games closer to where you're located do you get games there and are they the ping you would expect?

• Administrators

That will be an incorrectly located server on Heatmap but it's location won't affect your ping, it's purely aesthetic. Does the ping to that server match what you would expect for your area? If you force connection to it is the ping still good?

By force connection do you mean geo filter (draw circle around it) to that server specifically? When I do that, I  can’t even connect. I just wait in the lobby for what seems like forever.