Help needed Geofilter Xbox one xr1000 CodMw

30 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Could you provide a screenshot of the entire Geo-Filter page of how you've set it up please?

so i changed something and i found a game but now I have NAT moderate when before I had Open.

At first I had it in the middle of the ocean as the guide suggested but that didnt work so i moved it to my state. 

Also the ping is noticeably higher than when i had geo filter off.

New user so any info is appreciated

21117735_ScreenShot2021-05-11at9_32_25AM.thumb.png.c6962f260b93330db42f4bfe7fd11854.png

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Where abouts are you located? If you only changed the Geo-Filter settings then it is likely a misreading of the NAT caused by the Geo-Filter and you'll actually have an open NAT. 

arizona

27 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Where abouts are you located? If you only changed the Geo-Filter settings then it is likely a misreading of the NAT caused by the Geo-Filter and you'll actually have an open NAT. 

also why is my in game ping much higher than the ping shown in geo filter...sorry for the noob questions

40 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

In WAN settings should NAT be Secured or Open?

• Administrators

Put Ping Assist to 0 and leave the radius as it is and see if you get better games. In game ping includes things like processing delay which all games have but not all choose to include in their calculation - there is nothing you can do about that delay. The Geo-Filter shows your ping direct to the server, hence the difference. 

If you have an Open NAT already then you can leave that as secured.

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Put Ping Assist to 0 and leave the radius as it is and see if you get better games. In game ping includes things like processing delay which all games have but not all choose to include in their calculation - there is nothing you can do about that delay. The Geo-Filter shows your ping direct to the server, hence the difference. 

If you have an Open NAT already then you can leave that as secured.

so if i still have moderate I should switch it to open? also Im experiencing lag how do i deal with that? also I have setup the bandwidth at 70% and I was wondering if that lowers the speed of the whole network or just the Xbox?

• Administrators

Not necessarily, do you have a moderate NAT? If so what is the modem/router model the XR is connected to? That would do the whole network. What is the ping of the game as shown by the Geo-Filter?

13 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Not necessarily, do you have a moderate NAT? If so what is the modem/router model the XR is connected to? That would do the whole network. What is the ping of the game as shown by the Geo-Filter?

I do have moderate now, i didnt before. Arris sb8200. Found a few games and they were about 30ms sometimes 40.

Also do I want strict mode on or off? and how does the profile selector work?

• Administrators

Where are you seeing the moderate NAT, on the console network settings or on the game? That's a pretty good ping. Strict mode on keeps servers within the radius so recommended you use this. Profile just changes the radius distance based on our recommendations, I'd suggest setting the distance manually. Packet loss in the network settings or on the game?

10 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Where are you seeing the moderate NAT, on the console network settings or on the game? That's a pretty good ping. Strict mode on keeps servers within the radius so recommended you use this. Profile just changes the radius distance based on our recommendations, I'd suggest setting the distance manually. Packet loss in the network settings or on the game?

Packet loss was in game and Xbox settings. Moderate was both but it’s changing. Then geo filter stopped all together

edit: geo filter is working again after reboot. but it’s not finding any close servers it keeps finding them in Europe. 

45 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Put the console in the DMZ and that should get it an open NAT. Can you provide a screenshot of your entire Geo-Filter page please showing you getting games in the EU?

i got the open nat back. 517884748_ScreenShot2021-05-11at1_57_37PM.thumb.png.1e8508f1ba4705debcaf31c2588c3bd5.png

it always seems to try to connect to this location though. I did find one game that was on the closer california servers and i did notice the lower ping, but it only found that one time. but all of the games still had more lag than i am used to especially over ethernet

side question: when i plug my computer directly into the modem i only get about 720 tops out of my 940 gigablast cox plan, is this normal?

• Administrators

Disable Ping Assist and then you will just get servers within your radius and they should be better. Also have a look at Ping Heatmap and see if you can identify any low ping servers. 

That will be normal, most ISPs say you can get Up to whatever speed you've paid for but they usually have a minimum guaranteed speed. For example I pay for 500Mbps and I usually get between 450-550 so a little less and a little more but they actually only guarantee 258Mbps so I assume it is similar with yours, it will fluctuate depending on the time of day and ISP congestion.

15 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Disable Ping Assist and then you will just get servers within your radius and they should be better. Also have a look at Ping Heatmap and see if you can identify any low ping servers. 

That will be normal, most ISPs say you can get Up to whatever speed you've paid for but they usually have a minimum guaranteed speed. For example I pay for 500Mbps and I usually get between 450-550 so a little less and a little more but they actually only guarantee 258Mbps so I assume it is similar with yours, it will fluctuate depending on the time of day and ISP congestion.

Is disabling ping assist just setting it to 0?

also, is nat moderate okay as long as I’m not experiencing any problems?

• Administrators

Yes that's right, set it to 0. It is, NAT just determines who you're able to connect with, so won't cause any connection problems. Ff you're able to connect to friends fine then the only time I'd really worry about NAT is if it was on strict. 

• Administrators

No these settings shouldn't change the speed, console speed tests can be inaccurate though and you'd likely download higher than is mentioned. Are you getting full speeds on other devices?

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No these settings shouldn't change the speed, console speed tests can be inaccurate though and you'd likely download higher than is mentioned. Are you getting full speeds on other devices?

Close to it. It’s not through a console speed test it’s the download speed of the game update. I think maybe the Microsoft servers affect the speed though

On 5/12/2021 at 12:45 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

What is the exact units it says Mbps or MBps? Yeah they can as well

It was Mbps. Also I’m only getting like 300 sometimes on Wi-Fi speed tests on my phone in the same room as the router when I’m paying for gigabit