NetDuma won’t connect to internet

Hi, i dont think you will be able to acess 192.168.77.1 unless your connected to it via wifi or LAN.

So yea, just make your your connected to the WIFI on your PC.

Have you got it setup like this, ive had mine for few days and same situation as you, but figured this out.

Im using BT but it will be similar i guess

You cant just plug the router into the same connection as your BTHUB/virgin media smart router and replace it ( i thought this was possible too )

image.png.bbb0de82daed7856aa9c90d6044a43b9.png

Thank you for messaging. So I have managed to set it up as per the instructions (same as your diagram)

-Virgin Box Ethernet connected to Duma

-Duma Ethernet connected to PC.

But won’t connect to internet?

image.jpg

Yea you also need to have your LAN cable from your PC going into one of the ports into the duma router.

That, or if you want to connect wifi, make sue your PC ect is connected to the duma routers signal. 

Then you can 192.168.77.1 and should be able to access the admin settings via web browser

Yeah, I have done this. And now I get access to the 192.168.77.1 page I have accepted them terms and then the next page is the ‘connect to a internet connection’ and then it’s says could not connect to a internet connection. See pic below.

image.jpg

Update: I spent most of the last night/early Hours of the morning going through forums and trying (in my opinion) EVERYTHING. Just seems as if something is stopping the internet from being accessed and I can get off the page that you see above. Any help would be appreciated as I’m afraid I’m going to have to box up and send back.

• Administrators

Click WAN Setup there and then click skip, complete the rest of the Setup Wizard and get through to the interface. How is the V hub setup, router mode or modem mode? Just to confirm, you've connected the R2 blue/internet port to one of the V hub LAN ports?

@Netduma Fraser thank you for the reply. I can’t skip to complete the setup wizard it won’t let me go that far. I tried router mode and modem mode. Both not successful. I tried every LAN port the V hub has. Literally tried everything you’ve mentioned in all your advice on other forums with similar problems. Static IP addresses, nothing seems to be working. 

@Netduma Fraser it takes me to the next page where I edit some info (sorry it’s disconnected as we speak) then you have the choice at the bottom to skip I press skip and then it’s asks me for my download/upload speed. I then try and advance to the next page but it won’t let me go any further.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Travsmackie said:

@Netduma Fraser I have sent the email but not got anything back in means of conformation?

Did you email with the email associated with your forum account? If not let me know what it is and I'll chase it up with the team

On 5/4/2021 at 5:32 PM, Travsmackie said:

@Netduma Fraser it takes me to the next page where I edit some info (sorry it’s disconnected as we speak) then you have the choice at the bottom to skip I press skip and then it’s asks me for my download/upload speed. I then try and advance to the next page but it won’t let me go any further.

Power down your main modem, router and R2 router, wait 30 secs.

power it all back up and wait about few mins..

This stage here, can get stuck. on that stage, right click on next "open in new tab" and see if it fixed that stage. This happened for me, took me about 4 or 5 goes to get past that.

Just to confirm, you have from your MODEM ON THE WALL a cable going into your WAN on your HUB. then either port 1,2,3,4  going into the BLUE internet port on your R2 router, then a LAN cable coming from port "example, 2 to your PC, and your connected to the 192.168.77.1 via LAN?

Hi @DaveCOP thanks again for the advice I’ll take anything. So yeah:

-Cable from wall goes into ISP HUB

-Ethernet cable going from port 1 of HUB (tried all from 1-4) to the blue internet port on R2.

-Ethernet cable from R2 to PC (again tried all ports)

I will try the right click and open in new tab now and get back to you.