ROUTER SETUP NEWBIE

Hi, I am from the UK. I have BT FTTP I know very little about Routers. But I am unable to set up my netduma r2 router. I know that the BT Smart hub 2 does not have a bridge mode function. I believe I have read on other forums that you should be able to connect to the modem on the wall that the fibre cable runs into. Hope you can help. Thanks 

Hi, im looking at this too, atm i couldnt get my duma R2 to work, but you need to plug the cable from the wall into the BTHUB WAN, then on port number 3(or any LAN number)  on the BT hub, put the lan from there into the INTERNET part of the duma router.

Then you will get a connection, but be sure to go into your we browser, 192.168.77.1 to set it up.

Example below

image.png.c30758690dff5d2c8401d38fe7d0d41c.png

Im looking into buying this on amazon, this router replaces the BTHUB and NETDUMA, so its just one router.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NETGEAR-Nighthawk-Gaming-6-Stream-Router/dp/B01MY96ENS/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=nighthawk+gaming+router&qid=1620054444&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFCTVZZVFQyRkNWQ0omZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA1MjIxMzYzNzBOVFJNRFZNMFVXJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAxMjcyMDkyNEJOSEZGTk8zWEVIJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Its got the NETDUMA OS built in.

Hi Dave thanks for the reply I really appreciate your help. I had the netduma connected to sky router before I got fttp but I believe I was double Nat as i could also not find a bridge mode in the sky router. I then bout the Asus 86 gaming router. But you have to pay for the wtfast & I still find myself in high ping lobbie. Really bugging me. I can send the Asus router back to currys & get my money back. Unfortunately with the R2 it has to be back with the company within 14days. So ill maybe sell it on ebay. & go for your recommended choice. 

I might need your help with the set up side of things mate. 

Yea mate, ill be selling mine on ebay too as i just bought that one on amazon, because with the netduma R2 my speeds are only 400mbs, should be close to 900, so should be all good soon, hopefully, ill keep you updated when it arrives on the best method for the highest possible connection.

Thanks Dave, really appreciate that. 

Do you mind guiding me through the netduma setup with the BT smart hub 2. I am in the setup menu. Is it:

DHCP, STATIC OR PPPOE  I choose? Then will it ask for codes or passwords or anything after this stage? 

Thanks mate.

19 hours ago, BigBeattie said:

I got set up with the NetdumaR2 in the meantime. The Xbox is detecting double Nat & is IPv4 have you found away around this? 

Cheers mate

Typically the best solution to this is to put the R2s WAN IP (Found in System Information -> Network Status) in the BT Hubs DMZ. I'd also suggest reserving this IP address for the R2 so you don't need to do this again in future.

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/3/2021 at 6:14 PM, DaveCOP said:

Yea mate, ill be selling mine on ebay too as i just bought that one on amazon, because with the netduma R2 my speeds are only 400mbs, should be close to 900, so should be all good soon, hopefully, ill keep you updated when it arrives on the best method for the highest possible connection.

Did you manage to connect this straight to the box on the wall. Is it worth the money? Do you see a difference in connection & lobbies? Thanks.