Fifa 21 unplayable

Hi, I work late shifts finishing at 12am. Fifa 21 works great thru the night (in UK by the way) and has really quick game play winning 90% of my games on UT. Trying to play in day/peak hours with only me on my network pinging 20ms in game the game is unplayable. I have tried everything possible over the years even buying a netduma on day 1 of release and nothing works! Game connection is perfect but the players just do not respond and am chasing shadows. 

I don't believe it's their servers either,  I am starting to think it could be my ISP being busy at the exchange.

I sometimes only use my bt openreach modem wired straight into xbox 1 and it's still horrible, same set up at 2am and it's brilliant.

Is their any tests I can do on my laptop to check why it's so bad? 

Am sat here now dying for  game of weekend league but I know for certain it will be unplayable untill the early hours of the morning.

25 minutes ago, talbyfish said:

Hi, I work late shifts finishing at 12am. Fifa 21 works great thru the night (in UK by the way) and has really quick game play winning 90% of my games on UT. Trying to play in day/peak hours with only me on my network pinging 20ms in game the game is unplayable. I have tried everything possible over the years even buying a netduma on day 1 of release and nothing works! Game connection is perfect but the players just do not respond and am chasing shadows. 

I don't believe it's their servers either,  I am starting to think it could be my ISP being busy at the exchange.

I sometimes only use my bt openreach modem wired straight into xbox 1 and it's still horrible, same set up at 2am and it's brilliant.

Is their any tests I can do on my laptop to check why it's so bad? 

Am sat here now dying for  game of weekend league but I know for certain it will be unplayable untill the early hours of the morning.

i use a site to tell me the direct route to my exchange the site has a ton of info.

https://kitz.co.uk/adsl/broadbandchecker.php

im not sure if it will help.

• Administrators

Yeah it could be ISP congestion or the servers being under load during the day/evening - it happens a lot, if you recall when we went into the first lockdown ISPs and game companies were throttling bandwidth due to overwhelming demand so it is something they will do on a day to day basis as demand ebs and flows

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yeah it could be ISP congestion or the servers being under load during the day/evening - it happens a lot, if you recall when we went into the first lockdown ISPs and game companies were throttling bandwidth due to overwhelming demand so it is something they will do on a day to day basis as demand ebs and flows

yeah that makes sence but all my stats are the same at different times.

for example:

in game ping 20ms at 2am perfect gaming.

in game ping 20ms 7pm Sunday night unplayable.

nothing is giving me any negatives????

only me using internet connection hard wired from bt openreach modem to Xbox so nothing can interfere.

20 minutes ago, ONEovFOUR said:

i use a site to tell me the direct route to my exchange the site has a ton of info.

https://kitz.co.uk/adsl/broadbandchecker.php

im not sure if it will help.

Market 3: This exchange has 4 or more principal operators AND the exchange serves 10,000 or more premises. Exchange has been de-regulated.
This has to be a problem, 10,000 premises lol 

• Administrators

Your ping to the server may be the same but games have processing delay which is not always included in the calculation of the ping - this is why on CoD the in game ping differs from what is shown on the Geo-Filter so it could be your ping including delay is much higher during those times - it would make sense given nothing changes on your side

10 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Your ping to the server may be the same but games have processing delay which is not always included in the calculation of the ping - this is why on CoD the in game ping differs from what is shown on the Geo-Filter so it could be your ping including delay is much higher during those times - it would make sense given nothing changes on your side

i notice this in cold war on geo it says 8ms then when search it goes to 36ms ping bracket.

So  there is very little you can once you improve your connection to a certain point?

52 minutes ago, ONEovFOUR said:

whats the distance to your exchange mine says 430 meters.this must determine the amount of traffic before you hit the exchange.

1120 metres

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, ONEovFOUR said:

i notice this in cold war on geo it says 8ms then when search it goes to 36ms ping bracket.

So  there is very little you can once you improve your connection to a certain point?

So the 8ms would be direct to the server, if that is pretty stable it indicates everything is great on your side. The difference in ping in your example is about expected so nothing wrong with that. If it starts getting 40ms+ higher then that server is under load - only thing to do there is to use the Geo-Filter to force another server. Even if your direct ping to that is slightly higher the processing delay could be lower giving you an overall lower ping and better experience.