Netduma R2 + Eero Mesh Wifi

I just received my Netduma R2 and am wanting to make sure i integrate it into my current home network properly.  i didnt see anything in the knowledge base or manual regarding this.  My current setup consists of an Arris SB8200 modem --> Eero Wifi Mesh system --> NETGEAR 5 port gigabit switch wired off the Eero main gateway hub --> Personal PC and Work PC.  Currently everything is downstream of the Eero system.  The app has a nice setup for monitoring my network activity/performance.  What im trying to decide is should the Netduma R2 go between the modem and Eero gateway hub, or should the Netduma R2 go downstream of the Eero gateway hub.  I mainly got the R2 to use the Netduma software for games like Call of Duty on my personal PC.  it would also be nice to take advantage of the adblocker throughout my entire network, which i assume would indicate the R2 should be placed upstream from the Eero.  Any advice would be appreciated.   

thanks for the response! i got everything installed and had to put my Eero in bridge mode in order for it to work but everything seems to be working.  it doesnt seem like my geofilter settings are working though.  i followed along with the tour in my dumaos dashboard but its definitely not working.  im trying to use it for call of duty warzone on PC.  any pointers?

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you explain how it isn't working exactly? What happens when you search for a game - do you see anything on the map? Is there an icon within your radius?

so i wanted to make sure the geofiltering was working, so i set the distance to the lowest setting and set the ping assist to something really low like 5 and i expected to not be able to find a game, which i cant.  i just sit in matchmaking indefinitely so that appears to work.  attached is a screenshot of what it looks like while im searching for a game.  how can i be sure the location ive set for my "home" is working.  i tried setting my home location to something absurd like Brazil to see if i could notice and it wasnt conclusive.  seemed most people were speaking english and/or their gamer id's were in english.  i realize thats not a perfect science but i dont know any other way to check.  one change i did make, is i set my PC device type to Playstation per another article in this forum.  Before that, ping assist did not appear to work.

Capture.PNG

57 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You don't need to have your home location exact and there is no way to check this as it doesn't matter really. Can you get servers when you filter normally?

so my reasoning for using a different home location is that the current lobbies i get into are extremely difficult due to high player population in general which leads to larger population of really good players which makes the game miserable for an avg player like myself.  in theory, if i set my location to a less densely populated area, i should see the population of really good players drop off given that the overall population is lower.  i just have no way of confirming that the geofilter is working as far as setting my home location goes.

• Administrators

Ah I see, that's not the purpose of the Geo-Filter and so forcing servers further away may result in long search times and a higher ping. If it has worked correctly then you'll have a server within your radius wherever you have set it and the ping will be higher.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Ah I see, that's not the purpose of the Geo-Filter and so forcing servers further away may result in long search times and a higher ping. If it has worked correctly then you'll have a server within your radius wherever you have set it and the ping will be higher.

absolutely i agree.  higher pings and longer queue times would definitely be expected.  i can prove that by setting the ping assist to something really low, which results in longer queue times or inability to join a game at all so i know that works.  i was just hoping for a way to prove the location filter was working as well.

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, Graham Chandler said:

absolutely i agree.  higher pings and longer queue times would definitely be expected.  i can prove that by setting the ping assist to something really low, which results in longer queue times or inability to join a game at all so i know that works.  i was just hoping for a way to prove the location filter was working as well.

When you're trying to force a server far away always put Ping Assist to 0, try this:

1. Quit the game and game client completely - including from the System tray
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Resync the cloud
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter and select the manual option
  5. Set up your radius to cover a further away server - keep Ping Assist on 0
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up the game

See if you're able to force a server that way