Double NAT and slow wifi.

Colinmc8

Hi everyone,

So I recently moved house and updated my R1 to DumaOS.

I always try figuring these things out myself but here I am asking for your assistance.

I have a Vodafone router MODEL TC7230.0  and my R1 is connected to this and my Xbox one is connected to the R1.

Firstly I´m getting low wifi speeds with the Netduma. My vodafone router is giving 300Mb download and 92Mb upload. on the Netduma Im getting around 30Mb down and up. This isn´t a big deal but thought I should mention it.

Secondly I´m getting a double NAT on my Xbox and after going through a few guides trying to fix this I´ve now got a "can´t get a Teredo IP address" on my Xbox.

I´m trying everything I can but I feel like I´m changing things I shouldn´t and just wasting my time.

Any help would be appreciated, but if possible keep it simple lol...Thanks!  

• Administrators

You'll need to access to V router and put the R1 WAN IP from the System Information page into the V router DMZ - that should resolve the NAT issue.

The WiFi won't get you great speeds as it is b/g/n. I'd recommend using a WiFi analyzer - there is a free one on the Microsoft Store for Windows called WiFi Analyzer that you can use to find the least congested channel and then change the R1 to that. Ensure no wireless/electrical devices are within close proximity to the router. Also if not all devices are connected to the R1 that can pull bandwidth away from it

Hi Fraser,

Thats one of the first things I tried. There is also an option in the V router for Bridge mode, which I read would be better to use than DMZ? If I  had both enabled would that cause a problem?

On the Bridge mode config page it says Legacy RG IPv4 Mode.