Connection benchmark on R2

Ruud_007

Hi there, just purchased an R2 modem mainly for my PS5. I play Fifa 21 and Call of Duty most of the time.

Getting to grips with all of the optimum settings etc by lurking the forum but one thing I am struggling with is improving my Ping test (under load), it is varying from D to B after changing the congestion control sliders.

I did an auto-set up and it recommended me to use 50/50.but I am still getting ping under load grade D-B although my Ping test is consistently A+

Is there any way I can improve the ping under load?

I have my R2 connected to my super hub 3 in router mode.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

The way to make it better is to experiment with the Congestion Control sliders on Always until you find what lowers it the most. Can you provide a screenshot of a completed Benchmark test please?

27 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

The way to make it better is to experiment with the Congestion Control sliders on Always until you find what lowers it the most. Can you provide a screenshot of a completed Benchmark test please?

856197669_connectionbenchmark.thumb.PNG.3e1e7890d713b651a7e1221d63c1f93c.PNG

Here is the last test I did earlier, another thing I notice is the speed test is shown as D although I am happy with the 217mbps (that is what I get with Virgin) but it has ranked the download speed out of 1gbps hence why it's given a lower score.

Is there any way I can adjust this?

• Administrators

Ahh, that will be why you're having trouble getting Ping Under Load down as the bandwidth is set too high. Yes you can change this from the Congestion Control :menu menu, then re-do the test and adjust the sliders to find the best result

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Ahh, that will be why you're having trouble getting Ping Under Load down as the bandwidth is set too high. Yes you can change this from the Congestion Control :menu menu, then re-do the test and adjust the sliders to find the best result

Thank you! Managed to get it sorted!bench.thumb.PNG.d845f59d02b97bfb167c95ef5f348c30.PNG