Virgin Hub 4.0 Issue - R2 No Internet

treats

Hi,

I have a new the new r2 and struggling to get an internet connection once the router is connected to the Virgin 4.0 hub.

The Virgin hub is 100% in modem mode as its currently used with an asus mesh system.

I have completed the initial setup on the r2 and can see the full dashboard.

Attached are some screen shots of the r2 dashboard.

In the log of the R2 it states:

daemon.info hostpad: wlan1: STA (MAC ADDRESS) IEEE 802.11: deauthenticated due to local deauth request

daemon.notice hostapd: wlan1: AP-STA-POSSIBLE-PSK-MISMATCH (MAC ADDRESS)

deamon.info hostapd: wan1: STA (MAC ADDRESS) IEEE 802.11: associated (aid 1)

deamon.info hostapd: wan1: STA (MAC ADDRESS) IEEE 802.11: authenticated

I've removed the Mac addresses from the images just in case they associated to the R2

Has anyone else had this problem with a Virgin Hub 4.0? Do I need to adjust any settings?

Thanks

page 3.png

page 4.jpg

page 5.jpg

page 7.png

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Just to clarify, is the R2 connected directly to the V Hub or the Mesh system? It is getting an IP address so you should be getting internet, it looks like it has been transmitting packets

Thank you, it’s nice to be aboard.

The R2 is connected directly to the Virgin Hub. The mesh system has been removed from the equation.

Virgin Hub ———> R2 router (blue port)

Both Lan and WiFi show no internet access when a device is connected to the R2.

34 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Just to clarify, is the R2 connected directly to the V Hub or the Mesh system? It is getting an IP address so you should be getting internet, it looks like it has been transmitting packets

56 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you take the V hub out of modem mode and put it into router mode, then reboot the R2 from the interface and see if you get a connection please?

Thank You for your quick reply,

So, V Hub is now in router mode and still the R2 is not allowing any internet access. Tried wireless and wired.

I've even tried plugging it into the mesh hub and that also doesn't work.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks

page 8.jpg

page 9.jpg

page 10.png

page 11.png

26 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's not showing as a connected device on the V Hub which is odd, what is the IP address you use to access the V hub?

Sorry, the screen shot was taken only to show the V Hub in router mode. The R2 was not connected at this point. 

I connect via 192.168.0.1

Have any other users reported connection problems with the V Hub 4?

Could it be the R2 that has an issue?

Thanks

• Administrators

Okay so when the R2 is connected to the V hub in router mode does it get a WAN IP on the System Information page? I have Virgin, although I have the hub 3 it is one of the easiest ISPs/routers to get a connection with so it's odd you're not seeing this. On the R2 go to DHCP settings and hit apply on the WAN, do you get a connection then?

19 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay so when the R2 is connected to the V hub in router mode does it get a WAN IP on the System Information page? I have Virgin, although I have the hub 3 it is one of the easiest ISPs/routers to get a connection with so it's odd you're not seeing this. On the R2 go to DHCP settings and hit apply on the WAN, do you get a connection then?

Thanks for your help its much appreciated.

Had another play again this morning, The R2 will not obtain an IP from the V Hub 4.0 in modem mode or router mode. However if I plug the r2 into the mesh hub then it obtains an IP.

I believe using the R2 through another router then blocks some of the R2 features, is this correct?

When its plugged into the V Hub it states WAN IP Disconnected.

Why are the two not talking? Is the R2 not compatible with the new hub 4? I can't understand why it wouldn't work?

• Administrators

Could you connect the R2 to one of the other available ports on the V hub and see if it gets an IP then? I had an issue awhile back with my V hub where the ethernet ports stopped working until I factory reset it. 

It will be compatible, we'll get to the bottom of it although it's not clear currently. 

34 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you connect the R2 to one of the other available ports on the V hub and see if it gets an IP then? I had an issue awhile back with my V hub where the ethernet ports stopped working until I factory reset it. 

It will be compatible, we'll get to the bottom of it although it's not clear currently. 

So i've factory reset both the V Hub and R2, V Hub is in router mode and the r2 can not be seen on the V Hub devices page.

I connect the R2 to the asus mesh hub and it can be seen on the network but does disconnect and reconnect now and again.

page 13.png

page 14_LI.jpg

• Administrators

On the R2 in WAN Settings set a static IP like this:

IP 192.168.0.100
Subnet 255.255.255.0
Gateway 192.168.0.1

then connect it to the V hub and reboot the R2 from the router interface and see if it gets a connection then