Setting up R1 with Telekom Speedport Smart 2

Cornholio1337

Hello,

I am currently thinking about getting myself a Netduma R1 or R2 but I am asking myself if the DumaOS features would also work without problems when i basically use the R1 just as a "repeater".

The thing is that we currently have a Telekom Speedport Smart 2 and we are using Entertain etc. therefore I don't think it would be an option to just switch the Speedport with the Netduma R1/R2.

Would it be possible to give me a bit of information there?

Greetings from Germany

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I would suggest going for the R2 as we no longer sell the R1 so you would have to get it second hand and therefore wouldn't be covered by our warranty - we would still help but if there was a fault we wouldn't be able to replace it like we could with the R2.

You would need to connect the R1/R2 to your existing modem/router to get a connection. I would then recommend ALL devices are connected to the Netduma so that the features work as optimally as possible. If you prefer not to use QoS then just having one device connected to the router for the Geo-Filter for example would work.

Hi man,

thanks for the quick answer. Yeah on the long term I will go for the R2, but the used R1 one was a good deal and I first can try some things out before deciding to switch to the R2.

So all I have to do is connect a LAN port of the router to my main Speedport and then connect my PC to the R1 and GeoFilter f.e. would work?