Static IP subnet issue.

yeastral

Hello I am trying to set up a static ip as my isp has put me on it as i was having issue playing online games which has resolved my problem but I cant connect it with my netduma r2 due to subnet mask not working only the subnet prefix length works. I only see subnet mask as an option so dont know if its possible to use subnet prefix length instead. The reason i want to use the netduma is I get 200-300ms ping under load constantly it just stays there. The netduma router has fixed it before when i didnt have to setup static ip but my isp wanted to optimise my connection due to still having issue despite having less than 5ms ping under load. But now i have high ping under load download and upload although my isp has put me on a different ip address which has fixed the lag issue i was having. So basically im wondering if its possible to use subnet prefix length in WAN settings instead of just normal subnet mask which isnt working on the router. Atm im just connected directly into their system on my pc which only has the option of subnet prefix length in network settings but then its the opposite on the netduma r2.

Edited by yeastral
FIXED it forgot to add dns servers manually lol

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

If they've switched you to a static IP there is usually no need to input it onto the router, it will just get an internet connection by default. There is no way to setup the prefix length but you can change the subnet mask to reflect the prefix length and that should work - what is the length?