Netduma R2 and Xfinity

Sebastian Moose

Hello,

I am in the process of deciding if I should buy one of these Netduma R2. I am about to move into a new house which has Xfinity service. I play Warzone, Apex and a few other games all on PC but my daughter has a Switch, PC and Xbox. A few questions I have are:

1. Does the Netdurma replace the Xfinity router completely? 

2. Will I be losing out on anything by switching from Xfinity router to the Netdurma

3. What are the advantages of the Netdurma

4. Setting it up, do I need to call Xfinity and let them know I am using another router?

5. How to bandwith priority work of two PC are playing a game on the same network? 

Any help is appreciated.. I just want to make sure its worth the $200 before making the purchase. Hopefully I am posting in the correct forum, if not please move. 

Thanks!

Sebastian.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

To answer your questions:

1. No you connect it to your existing modem/router from the ISP
  2. What are your speeds? The only thing I can think of is that the WiFi on the R2 may not be as good - we are improving this currently
  3. There are lots of advantages, I'd recommend taking a look at Netduma.com where you can find lots of information. A few, it will allow you to force the closest servers for Warzone for example so you can get the lowest ping which will provide a better gaming experience. QoS will ensure that gaming is prioritized and devices will not cause each other to lag.
  4. No you don't
  5. They'll both be prioritized above all other devices

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, Sebastian Moose said:

Thanks for the welcome and quick response..  Is there instructions on how to set it up? Does this device go in front or behind the Xfinity router?  As for the speed I am getting a little over 200 Mbps download right now. 

Yes there is, it will come with a user guide booklet, you can see a digital version of it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/apu6q9ll5m18u83/R2_V3_User_Manual_CMYK.pdf?dl=0

So it will be behind the Xfinity router so it would be like this wall > Xfinity > R2

Okay so you may or may not get that with the R2 currently but as I said we are working on improving that 

Thanks again... So one last question for now. If the xfinity router has wifi and the Netduma does also can I still connect to wifi on the Xfinity router to get the higher speed and have my gaming pc hardwired to the Netduma to get all the advantages of it?