Router keeps disconnecting

Jcoley

Just got the new R2 with the latest firmware, it was disconnecting every 10 mins both wifi and lan connections. Downgraded to the firmware before then back to the latest which stopped the crashes for a while but it is doing it again now. When it crashes only 2 lights stay on but my modem still has internet so its definitely a router issue. The reset to factory default does not work from the GUI either, not sure what else to try

I did that the second day and it went a couple more hours then it kept disconnecting again. Its especially bad whenever anyone tries to use a gaming system, thats when the router crashes the most. Is there a reason why this thing is basically overheating? This router shouldn't be getting this hot. Im pretty sure I just want to return it and get the XR500 since that has no issues. 

• Administrators

What surface do you have it on - will it be getting enough airflow to the vents where it is currently?

Do you know if you have a static or dynamic public IP and what there lease time is? If you can increase that then in theory it should help prevent the disconnects happening