Slow Internet Speeds

koho47

I'm getting poor internet speeds on my duma, I have a 1gbps connection and i'm only getting 175 mbps down. I have all the qos settings turned off and the PC set in the DMZ. 

updated to the latest R1 3.0.207 and did a full reset. 

Everything is hardwired. 

Capture.PNG

13 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The speed part of Connection Benchmark is still being improved - it doesn't mean those are the speeds you are getting, what do you get to speedtest.net?

speed.PNG

20 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is the modem/router the R2 is connected to? Is this via ethernet and with QoS disabled in the Congestion Control 3 line option menu?

I have a netgear CM1200 modem and my Duma R1 is the only thing connected to it. I do see the disable option now, it was set to never before. with it disabled still only getting 354.50 mbps

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What speeds did you have previously? Have they always been around this speed?

They just now started offer 1 gbps in my area only had 200mbps before, If I hook it straight to my modem I get full speed. 

• Administrators

Ah I see. The R1 will not be able to reach those speeds, if with QoS off that's what you get then that will likely be the maximum you can achieve. Just to double check disable IPv6 in WAN/LAN and disable the protection options in WAN Settings

• 2 years later...

Not sure whether or not to open a new thread but I figure I would post here. I am willing to help troubleshoot and provide data if needed/wanted to get DumaOS back up to speed or close to the older firmware speeds. I am roughly getting half after I upgraded. I have 1gig internet and tested with speedtest.net. 

My speeds before were roughly 500mb up and down. After its around 250mb up and down. 
Speeds through DumaOS are lower with it being 172/87 (download/upload)

Speedtest before DumaOS.png

Speedtest after DumaOS.png

Speedtest through DumaOS.png

• Administrators
9 hours ago, JCarlSmokeZ said:

Not sure whether or not to open a new thread but I figure I would post here. I am willing to help troubleshoot and provide data if needed/wanted to get DumaOS back up to speed or close to the older firmware speeds. I am roughly getting half after I upgraded. I have 1gig internet and tested with speedtest.net. 

My speeds before were roughly 500mb up and down. After its around 250mb up and down. 
Speeds through DumaOS are lower with it being 172/87 (download/upload)

Hey, welcome to the forum!

You'll likely need to disable QoS fully from the Congestion Control :menu to reach closer to your expected speeds. DumaOS is more demanding than the very old firmware versions so that'll be why it's harder to reach those speeds with QoS enabled.