This router is horrible...?

Joldenburg10

I received my r2 about a month ago now and it has been nothing but problems since I got it. Setting it up was a bit of a pain but eventually I got it up and running and was hoping to have all the great benefits that are boasted about on the website. I primarily bought it for the lag/ ping reduction in game, I play Call of Duty for reference. The problem is that my ping has been consistently WORSE since I’ve switched to this new router and on top of that half the time I cannot connect to Call of Duty servers at all because the game can tell I’m using the router and actively fights against me being on their servers while using it. And to make matters worse it has also made streaming or even using the internet on any other device horribly laggy or downright impossible because nothing will load. I don’t understand how my very solid internet can be turned into utter garbage by your router? 

• Administrators

Sorry to hear you're having these issues. A few questions to help us advise you:

• What are your paid for/expected speeds?
  • What is your exact physical setup i.e.:
    The model of the modem/router the R2 is connected to
    Are ALL devices connected to the R2
    How have you setup the modem/router to ensure devices connected to the R2 get an Open NAT
  • What are your QoS settings?
  • What are your Geo-Filter settings?

1. I pay for 150 mb down but generally will get between 200 and 250 with my normal router. With the r2 I haven’t seen anything over 80.

2. My router is a standard xfinity/ Comcast router (not sure of anything more specific than that) yes I connected all devices (making the situation even worse) I setup the r2 the way the wizard instructions said to?

3. I don’t know what my qos was, I just used whatever was default, but i turned it off completely because it just made using internet of any kind on every other device in my house impossible. (Phones, fire sticks, smart TVs)

4. I tried using a 300 mile radius of my house on the geo filter, then when that didn’t work I tried 500 miles. After that I just gave up and removed my Xbox and turned off geo filtering because activision’s servers kept kicking me offline whenever I had the geo filtering on at all, even in my own area. Kind of defeats the purpose of using the geo filter if I can’t even get on the game to play it...

• Administrators

Have you entered your speeds in the Congestion Control option menu?

Copy the WAN IP from the R2 System Information page and enter that into the Comcast router DMZ - this will ensure all traffic is passed through to the R2 and should improve your experience.

By default it was disabled so I would recommend enabling it, try 70% for download/upload on Always and see if it is any better.

Those are small distances and that can make it harder to get a game, we usually recommend at least 1000km/600miles