new r2 not working

smurf

It seems I am not able to get a connection to the r2. I am in the uk with plusnet as a provider.

I am currently using a netgear D7000 modem/router. If I put the D7000 into modem only mode then connect the R2 there is no network connection from the R2 either wired or wifi. I originally thought it might be the D7000 so removed and replaced with the original fttc bt modem, with the same results. I have now re enabled the D7000 and brought the R2 into the office, which is hardwired to the D7000. If I plug the cat6 cable in the office into the internet port on the R2 then connect via lan back to the office switch I get nothing, no connection. If I take the cat6 cable out of the internet port and plug it into a lan port I get a £130 switch. Could this R2 have a faulty internet port?

if i switch the D7000 to router/modem mode and directly hardwire the r2 to it (internet port) then from the r2 to a network switch nothing on the network can see the r2.

D7000 ( modem only ) lan port 1 --> R2 internet in port --> cat6 to switch --> pc's, xbox,s ect ( no conection to R2 ) no internet.

D7000 ( router mode ) lan port 1 --> R2 internet in port --> cat6 to switch --> pc's, xbox,s ect ( no conection to R2 ) no internet

D7000 ( router mode ) lan port 1 --> R2 lan port 1 --> cat6 to switch --> pc's, xbox,s ect ( no conection to R2 ) but pc's and xbox's have internet and work but R2 can not be seen on network map.

i also tried D7000 --> R2 --> PC  ( still no connection )

best i can describe it to be honest. i have hard reset everything a couple of times and nothing changes. giving up now as i have wasted most of the day on it. any advice welcome.

still not working. The set has been done using a laptop connected directly to the r2, dumaos shows on the laptop. However when the r2 is connected to a internet source it doesnt detect that source. no matter how this router is connected. i have no idea where to go from here, its unable to detect a internet source from the D7000 in either mode modem or modem/router or a bt modem.

• Administrators

Unplug the router from power for 10 minutes please, that will let residual power drain, then connect, wait 2 minutes and see whether internet can be seen. If not, hold the reset button for 30 seconds, release, wait 2 minutes, access and complete the setup wizard and let us know whether internet then works.

after at least 6 factory resets we have managed to sort it i think. this last reset i followed exactly the same steps as before but this time i managed to see a connection & i was able to get in dumaos via wifi and it gave the correct ip. i then went and added everything else one thing at a time, so it would show correct ip range. fingers crossed