LAN speed slow

BioNico

I think I know why the speed is caped. If I connect the router directly to the modem wifi speed is correct around 140mb. Then the connection to the pc is via powerline adapter I get 52mb. 

When I connect modem to powerline adapter and them R2 on the other end where PC is both speeds are caped at 52mb. My powerline adapter is TP-Link TL-PA4010PKIT 600mbps - now taking that to consideration 600mbps will only by able to push up to 70mb ish ? Is that right ? 

• Administrators

Powerline adapters are tricky things, they can be capable of 600Mbps but real world performance really depends on the wiring in your walls. If possible I'd recommend doing away with them and running a cable through your home if possible

• Administrators

I see what you're trying to do but that's not quite right. The one you have the ethernet port is limited to 100Mbps and so wouldn't be able to achieve your max speeds: https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/powerline/tl-pa4010-kit/#specifications 

The issue is that it should have been able to reach 100Mbps, I don't think the cabling in the walls will be able to facilitate your speeds.

Thanks in that case its almost impossible to neatly run a cable to my pc & xbox. I was playing around with router and in the end my wireless conection to Xbox according to speedtest in browser was around 130mb and 11ms ping. I mean this does not sound or feel bad in game. Having such a resoult do you think I will have any benefit why gaming to get the ethernet to the room or just buy pcie wifi card for my pc and problem solved ?