NetDuma R2, no internet, cannot connect to this network.

Ewan Barrack

Received R2 today, doing initial set up... at first I was able to connect to WiFi using the password located on the bottom of the router, however received error message stating “no internet”. Removed all cables, started over, same error message. Got in contact with internet service provider who confirmed I could use the third party router and that there were no restrictions in place. Reading some forums I chose to perform factory reset, now I cannot connect to WiFi using the previously reference WiFi password, the internet, 2.4GHz & 5.0GHz LED lights periodically flicker every 10 to 15 seconds, not sure if this is standard, has anyone got any ideas as to how I can get online?

F1D85687-9E40-4C35-AFF7-0CF5DC24A01B.jpeg

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

You need to access the interface and complete the setup wizard before you can get internet. To reconnect to the WiFi try the password conversion method mentioned here: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000117883-i-ve-received-the-r2-but-the-wifi-password-doesn-t-work

Evening Fraser, 

Thanks for your feedback, I have now accessed the NetDumaOs/ software, using Ethernet cable as suggested, however my laptop is still not connecting to the internet, what am I missing? Is there a way to go through the set up wizard again?

Ewan.

• Administrators

Are you with BT? Do you know whether you require PPPoE for a connection? What modem/router did you use previously that plugged into the wall like that? I'd check the settings on that router, see if it used PPPoE and then you can copy the details and put them in the R2.

I am with BT, their Smart Hub 2 didn’t allow me to split signal, so I looked elsewhere. I can see from the dashboard page that WAN IP is disconnected, reading elsewhere I had DHCP Identifiers as blank, is there an easy way to secure these? I’ll go look into your suggestion in the meantime.

Evening Fraser,

I've managed to make some progress having read through several of your previous responses to other users. I have now been able to connect the WAN IP and run some speed tests within the DumaOS interface. This was done by connecting Open Reach Modem to BT Smart Hub 2, and then running the NetDuma cable from the ISP router to the R2. The problem I now face is how to go about removing the ISP router from this set up, I tried to connect the Xbox Series X to the NetDuma R2 router and the NAT type is strict due to double NAT being detected. When I try to remove the ISP router it goes back it still shown the WAN IP address but there does not appear to be any internet, or perhaps just receiving DNS errors? I've been at it for the majority of the day so will need to try again tomorrow, any direction you can provide in the meantime would be greatly appreciated.

Ewan.

• Administrators

You can keep that setup if you wish, all you will need to do to resolve the double NAT is to put the R2 WAN IP in the DMZ of the BT hub then your Xbox will get an Open NAT. If you want to do away with the hub then have a look at the hub internet details, if it uses PPPoE it should show the details and you can then put it into the R2. I use the DMZ method for my own setup and it works just as well.