R2 delivered today but I can't connect to internet

Albowski56

Hi. I received my R2 today and have attempted the set up with no success. I am replacing a TP link Ac1750 which was working fine. 

I followed the instructions and on DUMAOS/ it could not find a connection wirelessly. I realised I had an extender ethernet still plugged in when it says no other devices should be connected. I disconnected that and tried again with no success. 

I then did a factory reset on R2 and tried again but has been unable to recognise password since. 

I have tried a wired connection to my Virgin hub 3 and also tried modem only mode with no success. 

I've tried to look through the forum for a similar set of circumstances but can't see anything so posting on new thread,  hope that's OK.Any help greatly appreciated thanks. 

Al

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you had this issue but well done on getting it resolved. I have the V hub myself and would recommend you keep it in router mode. I'd suggest giving the R2 a static/reserved IP on the hub and then putting that IP in the DMZ as well so devices connected to the R2 can get an open NAT.

• Administrators

Here you are:

1. Access the V hub: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-configure-advanced-settings-on-your-hub#hub3orhub4
  2. Go to Advanced Settings > DHCP
    You should see the R2 in the Attached Devices table, if yours is like mine it will say DumaOS 
    Click the device, you should see the Add Reserved Rule part under the table populates with information
    Then just click add rule and save the settings
    Make a note of the IP
  3. Go to Advanced Settings > Security > DMZ
    Click enable
    Enter the IP
    Apply

Then you're good to go!

Morning Fraser,

Thanks for the detailed instructions. My R2 wasn't showing in attached devices and was only showing devices connected by 5G. I managed to get the mac and IP from the "connected devices" section so entered it manually in reserved rule and DMZ. 

Looks like that's all the hardware stuff sorted as best it can be so thanks very much. Anything from here now is trial and error with the software and looking forward to having a play about with it. 

Thanks very much again and I'll be recommending Netduma to my friends. 

Cheers, 

Al