XR500 causing insane amounts of lag;

I have my XR500 sinds 2019-06-24 and I never had a good online gaming experience.

I also do own a Netduma R1, and I know what good connection is. But ever sinds I upgraded to a XR500 my online games gotten very much worse in ever aspect.

I may believe there is some kind of hardware issue with my model or something. Because any Software / Update don’t make it work better. Sadly

The biggest noticeable “lag” is when I play any online game on my XR500, Overwatch has a huge input lag problem. Its unbelievable hard to even aim or hit anythink *when i connect to a online match* but if I start the Practice Range there is mostly no lag to be seen some how. 

In other games like CoD, Winning gun fight is 10x harder then it should be. I’ll get shot around corners, peek a corner get deleted on my screen. (This is also on every game) 

playing zombies is impossible because the stutters is so unbelievably bad. It makes it not a option. 

I have also gotten super bad Wi-Fi somehow. Idk if its related too the XR500 but my chromecast stutters super hard on Youtube videos. And phones don’t mater at all.

ps also had 3 ISP’s T-Mobile Fiber 750-750, Ziggo 500-50, now Tweak Fiber 1000-1000

This problems has driven me insane, please if anyone else got this problem please let me know.

I also know how amazing the R1 is and could be with online games like cod or Overwatch. 

Its also very hard to reach Netgear support to even right a ticked so thats why I’m posting on the Netduma forums. 

• Administrators

What is your exact physical setup? I.e. what is the model of the modem/router the XR is connected to? How did you setup that modem/router to ensure the XR gets an Open NAT? Are ALL devices connected to the XR? What are your QoS and Geo-Filter settings?

Right now its Straightly connected to the converter (Fiber to LAN) its in the Yellow WAN port. then a CAT 5e FTP about 7meters to my setup. then into a Netgear GS108Ev3 Switch.

I do have a OPEN NAT. there is no double NAT problem. even if I take out the Switch there is no improvement in connection. (the connection I had with this XR500 has never been good tbh)

(But if I hook up my R1 right now there is a way better connection, its Next to my XR500 so the connection wise its the same.)

All devices are connected correctly there is 0 user error. QoS make my connection even worse if I use it. I've tested it for almost 2 years now.

but normally I used 70% 70% on 940 to 940,That makes 658Mpbs both ways. If QoS is running.

more recently I've been trying 40%-40% on 940 to 940, That makes 376Mbps both ways. If QoS is running.

Geo-Filter is Home at Amsterdam. and I rarely use Geo-filter, because if I use it in OW and I get a outside server it still puts me in the game but doesn't let me load in making me "disconnect" then I lose that game, unless I quickly turn it off then it loads me in on that 150ms Lobby.

For CoD; I use the polygon Mode to connect to UK, Amsterdam and France servers where my ping is around 19ms tops.

Most if not all settings are Factory Defaults, V2.3.2.120 update.  log-1616703402574.txt 

I'll add some system logs. I don't know if it helps.

1185532961_Annotation2021-03-25211820.png.1fe2f9b4ca021116d26183b447691a4c.png618354754_Annotation2021-03-25211516.thumb.png.3c5c7146487a03f681b9e08d26ff9ab7.png

The XR500 doesn't read the speeds correct somehow. I do and Can download with 940Mbps.

Also this is what I got on My Ziggo connection 50-5: (it was really bad)

1627569329_Screenshot2020-12-05152649.thumb.png.c0ec0297750089529270c6f142efface.png

also it keeps on Losing all my "connection" today (no loading sites & Disconnects from game) and also yesterday, have to reboot my router to go back online. Downgraded it to firmware 2.3.2.114 from the Netgear site. https://kb.netgear.com/000063023/Security-Advisory-for-Post-Authentication-Command-Injection-on-Some-Routers-PSV-2020-0595 also was reading this.

• Administrators

Your base ping does spike up to 15ms at one point so that could be affecting it but really 19ms is a very good ping so it sounds like the router is doing its job there. You're also very unlikely to have local congestion with those speeds. What are your current WiFi settings? What does the ping in game show? What platforms are you playing the games on? That firmware won't have the disconnect fix so may happen more often on that version.

I used All Default settings even for Wi-Fi. Its totally just hardware related I think. maybe some kind of factory mistake somewhere. But could you help me contact Netgear to send my XR500 in for repair/ checkup. I do still have warranty.