Reduced FPS?

hazardCOD

Hi,

Has anyone had/fixed an issue with reduced frames per second on PC? I had no issues pre R2 but now it’s not consistent at all and dropping significantly. For example i had it limited in COD to 144 and it rarely dropped below this. Since fitting the R2 yesterday it’s jumping anywhere from 90-130 and averaging around the 100 mark. Any ideas please?

Hi Fraser, thanks for the quick response. I didn't think it would but I had a pretty big drop, though I think it might have been from closing afterburner by accident. Doh sorry.

Whilst writing are there any links to optimal LAN/WAN/WIFI settings please? I've tried searching - I couldn't find anything formal but it seems most people just have everything turned off e.g ipv6, STP on LAN and IPv6, Allow Ping, Port scan etc on WAN? Would you just leave as default if no issues? sorry to go off topic.. thanks

image.thumb.png.a0bb98bce6fddb1e81b5b8aa5d14aadf.png

• Administrators

I'd suggest you disable IPv6 in WAN/LAN - the other options there are really personal preference - unlikely to have a big impact on your game either way. 

WiFi I'd suggest using a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channel and change to that, also experiment with the widths to find what gives you the highest speed.