R apps not loading -- FIXED!

C00LhandNUK3

So if you look at my career posts, you will see that I've always had an issue with the R Apps being very unstable and eventually getting the dreaded "R Apps Not Loaded Yet" error. I had tried every suggestion offered by support, but nothing worked. Even after a factory reset or hard reset, I was lucky to get a full hour of operation before the GUI would crap out. The most recent firmware (3.0.205) only seemed to make things worse. I was lucky if I had enough time to change any settings before things went to hell.

Anyhow, I'm super happy to report that I've been up and running without any issues now for almost 48 hours (an all-time record for me since running DumaOS). Here is what I did:

1. factory reset

2. DO NOT separate Wifi 2.4g and 5g (keep them with the same SSID name)

3. Reserve the IP address for every device on your network

4. Turn off every button in Network Settings>WAN>GeneralĀ (the right side of the screen): IPv6, Allow Ping, Port Scan Protection, Syn Flood Protection and Allow Remote Access are all turned off.

5. Turn off IPv6 in Network Settings>LAN>General (the left side of the screen)

6. In System Information>Installed Rapps I am currently running 3 attempts (the default), but tech support suggests raising this to the maximum of 5 attempts if you are have trouble.

Anyhow, I hope that helps anyone else having the same struggles as me. Wishing you good gaming.

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for posting what worked for you, I'm sure this will help others!

Very odd some of the steps though, we'll look into it.

Yeah. I'm not sure that each step/setting is contributing to my success. Like the Wifi 2.4g/5g having the same name. After I reach a week of non-breakage, I may tinker some more with some of the settings to try and determine which ones are crucial. I'll keep you posted.