Netduma R2 set up problems

Aldex

Greetings

I just got my Netduma R2. I am trying to set it up, however, my MacBook can't connect to the Netduma WI-Fi. I did everything as stated in the instructions. At first it seemed as if it will work, I was taken through the Netduma wizard set up. It got stuck on setting up Wi-fi, I realised that my computer had switched back to my original Wi-Fi signal. I switched it back over to Netduma. For a brief period it loaded the Duma OS page, but then it said that the connection was lost. The wi-fi signal has disappeared so I held the reset button to try everything again. I can find the Wi-fi signal again, but there is no internet connection when I connect to it. I am not sure what is the problem. The R2 should be able to get an internet connection from all ISP providers. 

Hey Fraser

No, as I said, I can find the Wi-fi signal, now once again called NetdumaR2 as is the default, but when I try to connect to it there is no internet connection. The router does send out a Wi-fi signal, but no internet connection. I connected the R2 via the internet port to the LAN 4 port on my ISP router using the provided CAT 6 cable.  

• Administrators

You don't need an internet connection to access the interface. Does it connect to the WiFi even though there is no connection? If so great, see if the interface is accessible. If it doesn't accept the password please try the password conversion method here: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000117883-i-ve-received-the-r2-but-the-wifi-password-doesn-t-work

I figured it out! It turns out that yes, the default password was wrong. I used the method you provided in the link and i was able to fully set everything up. Thank you so much for your help Fraser. I can't wait to try out all the settings and find what works best for me.