2.4GHz not working

Branan

I just got my Netduma R2 and have turned off the mirror wifi settings for 2.4GHz and 5GHz. Now once a day the 2.4GHz goes offline while the 5GHz remains active and the only way i can fix it is by rebooting the router.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. By offline do you mean devices disconnect but you can still see 2.4GHz in the WiFi list or that it disconnects and disappears from the list? Did you change the channel or the width?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late response, I have been busy, but the issue is that the entire 2.4GHz connection is gone. It doesn't show that its available to connect to in the dumaOS control panel or any devices that can connect to wifi. I have changed the channels and width manually and set them to auto. Also, when I set the channels to share the same SSID and password anything to was connected to the 5GHz wifi works properly but anything that was connected to the 2.4GHz wifi either doesn't have internet or has speeds no higher than 0.2Mbps Down/Up. I can only assume the 2.4GHz module may be damaged. I have since reverted to my old router as it was impossible to use the R2 as several times a day I would have unplug it, reboot it, or adjust internal settings just to access the internet.

• Administrators

Just to clarify, you used the same name/password for 2.4/5GHz but without mirror mode enabled? That will be why then, if you want one SSID then just enable mirror mode then reboot the router and it should be fine.

I tried all 3 ways: mirror on, mirror off with different SSIDs, and mirror off with same SSIDs. No matter how it was setup within 30 minutes of a reboot the 2.4GHz would stop working.