IP TV not working with Netduma R2 (Movistar)

Carlos 47

Good day Everyone, I have just recieved my Netduma R2 and everthing seems to be working great, except for the IP TV.

In my home, we have 2 devices from Movistar/Telefonica that give us the IP TV, they can´t even boot, They show an error on the screen saying to check the internet connection.

Weird note, one of them was working but the image and sound stopped like in 2 seconds, if i changed the channel and came back It would reproduce the channel again for 2 seconds. After I rebooted this device It Wouldn't pass the boot screen, which makes me think the problem must be something of authentification 

Not sure If I missed something in the configuration, any help Would be appreciate.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. A few things to try, in Settings > WAN disable both protection options. If that doesn't help then on the QoS page in the Congestion Control 3 line option menu disable QoS fully and see if it works. Are they connected via WiFi or ethernet?

Hi, 

SetTop boxes for movistar used to operate based on VLANs. If your box managed to boot up to a certain point, then there is a good chance the they changed this.

The old values were:

Los datos de configuración del FTTH de Movistar son:

• Datos: ID 6 Prioridad 1
  • Voz: ID 3 Prioridad 4
  • Televisión: ID 2 Prioridad 4

The problem with streams freezing on this setup boxes is due to lacking support (or misconfiguration) of Multicast streams. For this you need something like a igmpproxy. 

Sorry, I cannot tell you if the R2 hals built-in support for this Configuration. As far as I know. Lan support is in the making. Multicast support might be already functioning.

Saludos

Boixa

On 3/12/2021 at 5:03 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. A few things to try, in Settings > WAN disable both protection options. If that doesn't help then on the QoS page in the Congestion Control 3 line option menu disable QoS fully and see if it works. Are they connected via WiFi or ethernet?

Sorry for replying so late, both are connected via Ethernet. 

I will try what you say Fraser when I can

23 hours ago, Boixa said:

Hi, 

SetTop boxes for movistar used to operate based on VLANs. If your box managed to boot up to a certain point, then there is a good chance the they changed this.

The old values were:

Los datos de configuración del FTTH de Movistar son:

• Datos: ID 6 Prioridad 1
  • Voz: ID 3 Prioridad 4
  • Televisión: ID 2 Prioridad 4

The problem with streams freezing on this setup boxes is due to lacking support (or misconfiguration) of Multicast streams. For this you need something like a igmpproxy. 

Sorry, I cannot tell you if the R2 hals built-in support for this Configuration. As far as I know. Lan support is in the making. Multicast support might be already functioning.

Saludos

Boixa

To be honest, either my english is not that good or my knowledge is not that advanced because I didn't understand half of it.

I read somewhere else about the vlans but I can't find where to configure that

• Administrators
23 hours ago, Carlos 47 said:

Sorry for replying so late, both are connected via Ethernet. 

I will try what you say Fraser when I can

To be honest, either my english is not that good or my knowledge is not that advanced because I didn't understand half of it.

I read somewhere else about the vlans but I can't find where to configure that

Let us know how you get on!

@Boixa Multicast will now be added to the next dev sprint.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi @Netduma Fraser

Is there an ETA for when multicast will be added to the R2? Will this also cover BT TV?

I've just bought an R2 and am having the same issues with internet subscription TV channels (BT Sport) working when connected via Powerline to Duma. I've worked around it but using my BT hub to cover powerline for my house, while my Duma covers Wifi - but ideally i'd like Duma covering both.

Thank you!

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, RussOakham said:

Hi @Netduma Fraser

Is there an ETA for when multicast will be added to the R2? Will this also cover BT TV?

I've just bought an R2 and am having the same issues with internet subscription TV channels (BT Sport) working when connected via Powerline to Duma. I've worked around it but using my BT hub to cover powerline for my house, while my Duma covers Wifi - but ideally i'd like Duma covering both.

Thank you!

I'm just double checking on this but it should be in the next firmware but I don't have an ETA for that currently.