Netduma R2 3.0.205 Rapps Not Loading

Sniperdawson69

Hello,

I have been using the R2 for the last 2 weeks in order to play games on 6mbps download, .7mbps up. I has been fighting the good fight against netflix, snapchat, ect, to keep my connection half decent in warzone. Yesterday I tried to look at DumaOS to turn off the anti DDOS thing which could be involved in my packet burst issues, but all of my apps are stuck in an infinite loading loop. I have the latest firmware installed as that is what it arrived with, and nothing else has changed. My isp is a small rural internet company called Nexicom, they use some thing called Russian pppos I believe to throttle my speeds and whatnot, but I dont think the issue stems from them because the internet is working fine.

Thanks in advance for the help.

ps, any new an exciting tips on fixing this packet burst thing in warzone? 30 ping and constant packet bursting is a strange experience. 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Give the router a reboot from the interface, then wait 2 minutes and access, then everything should have loaded again. Are you using QoS at all? You may feel like throttling your connection is counter-intuitive especially given your speeds but it would likely help with this.

Thanks a lot for the reply,

I did try to reset it but will try fully unplugging the router then restarting it from the interface for a clean start when I get home. As for the Qos settings I set download to around 75%-85% (5.5-6 mbps give or take) and upload to around .6mbps,  I have been hesitant to lower the upload any further because I don’t have a lot to work with. Bandwidth allocation is also set to 100% for my computer. I realize it is most likely a net code issue on activisons part that causes so many connection problems, along with the game being so fast that fair deaths feel unfair, but I never see these packet burst issues on the pro streamers screens, so I’m hopeful there is a solution to it somewhere by now. 

I have been using the geofilter with a radius of 950km, and ping assist set to 35. I live in Ontario 2 hours north of our biggest city Toronto, but the Toronto server is always around 65 ping minimum, and I get 25 ping in Chicago and Philadelphia servers. Ill try the closer/slower Toronto servers and see if they result in a smoother experience. Any other tips for us bandwidth challenged gamers? None of these questions are in complaining tone btw, just trying to get the most out of the router/OS. The Duma has helped my gaming experience a ton, and I've read a ton of your other customer support threads which have been really helpful.

• Administrators

You'll definitely want to try and force those 25 ping servers as they should give you a better experience. No no I totally understand, doesn't come across as complaining at all! Really glad to hear that! Depending on what you use the network for when you're not gaming experiment with the Always and Auto-Enable option on Congestion Control. Auto-Enable will be good so that you get max bandwidth when you're not gaming but if you suffer buffering when watching videos etc then try Always. I'd suggest disabling DumaOS Classified Games and adding the device manually with the Games Console option. Reason being Classified Games might detect something on one of your other devices and prioritize it - it's unlikely but you don't have the bandwidth really to allow for that chance.