Missing device causes empty traffic controller rules list

Wootenblatz

My traffic rules list is empty because a device tied to a rule is no longer in the device manager.  I believe one could recreate this by creating an active rule for a device, turning that device off and then using the "Remove Offline Devices" option in the Device Manager.

I know this problem is related to a removed device because the network monitor in my browser's developer settings indicates the RPC call to get the list of devices is failing.  Here is the JSON returned with the http 500 response:

{id: 12, eid: "ERROR_NOENT", error: -32000, msg: "Nonexistent device"}

That was what showed up earlier this morning, and it is worth noting the ID seems to change periodically.  I've seen it be 12, 15 and 63.  It is possible I have multiple devices that were removed associated with rules.

I am currently using firmware R2 3.0.205 and the problem has been persistent for the 3 previous firmware versions.

While I am sure a factory reset could fix this, is there any option for resolving this that does not involve me having to reconfigure all of my other settings?

If it helps, I'll attach an image showing this

image.thumb.png.b33c9643107d80db1ceab6bf7c7c40d7.png

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

We are actually aware of this issue so we will get it fixed. At the moment I am not aware of any way to get it back without factory resetting unfortunately. If the rules were still present and it threw an error then adding the device back to the router would work, you can try it but don't think it would work in this case.