Netduma R2 & Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500

BiggShooter

I haven't seen any posts regarding the use of a Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router (XR450 | XR500 | XR700 | XR1000) in AP mode with the Netduma R2 Router, and figured this post could be a topic for discussion?  Is anyone currently pairing the Netduma R2 with a Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router? 

I currently am using the Netduma R2 as my main router, with the Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500 set to AP.  I currently have the wireless radios disabled on the Netduma R2 router.  I was having a problem with the wireless signal strength in some parts of my home (4150 sq ft two-story).

I have noticed that when viewing the Network Map under Device Manager, wireless devices connected appear as "Wired" and often times, connected wireless devices are reported to be "Offline", when in fact they're actually connected wirelessly.

Anyone using a similar set up?  Just looking for experiences (good or bad).  Also, I'm open to any suggestions for optimal performance with this current configuration / set up (suggested settings for R2 and XR500).