Geo Filter for Warzone

Paul0v2

Hey guys, I just got my Netduma and I've been playing around with it. One question that I have. When I set a get filter to a certain location let's say a 500km radius.

- Am I selecting a location for the server or also the players?

- Am I getting only players who live within that radius on that's just to set the server?

Thank you in advance, see you in Verdansk.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

We usually recommend initially setting it roughly where you are located as the idea is to get servers closer to you. However, you're setting it based on where the servers are, as it is a dedicated server game you will not see the players on the map as you don't make direct connections to the game. You're just forcing the server as you can't influence where other players will connect to. If you force a close server though you will have the advantage even if there is a player connecting from further away.

Thank you @Netduma Fraser I just got the duma and its awesome! 

Thats what I was thinking. So the circle on the geofilter is just to select a server and not player location. Thank you for clearing that. 

If I make a small circle around the server or a big circle it wont make any difference correct? Since I’m only selecting the server. 

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, Paul0v2 said:

Thank you @Netduma Fraser I just got the duma and its awesome! 

Thats what I was thinking. So the circle on the geofilter is just to select a server and not player location. Thank you for clearing that. 

If I make a small circle around the server or a big circle it wont make any difference correct? Since I’m only selecting the server. 

Great to hear that! Yes exactly! It will make a difference based on how many servers there are in the area - so for example there is quite a few servers in Europe, having a radius at 1000km could encompass quite a few and then you could be put on any one of those servers - it is generally a good idea to have a few within the radius to improve search times but you can try forcing just the one server as well.