XR500 slow upload (wired)

Getting slower upload than i should, i have tried disabling QoS, factory reset, different ports on the router, different cat6 cables between wall/router/computer, and am now on the beta version (XR500-V2.3.2.114-DumaOS3.0.203), im getting my usual speed when i plug directly into the wallsocket (first test), second test is via router, any ideas about what the cause could be? should i try a older firmware?

4 mars 2021, 17:41 – Sundsvall

Bahnhof AB

95.62 Mbit/s 94.00 Mbit/s 18.78 ms

4 mars 2021, 18:05 – Sundsvall

Bahnhof AB

95.29 Mbit/s 25.84 Mbit/s 18.83 ms

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. On the XR device manager, switch to the table view and then take a screenshot and post it here please.

image.thumb.png.46924cb2330a4f982416612e913d7446.png

Im thinking this all began with the non beta XR500-V2.3.2.114 update, but cant say for sure

• Administrators

The internet port is limited to 100Mbps this indicates the cable connecting the XR to the ISP modem/router is either not capable of 1000Mbps or is faulty. To test try the other cable you have your PC connected to the router with and see if the link speed for internet improves to 1000Mbps. If it does then you'd need to get another cable to replace the 100Mbps one.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The internet port is limited to 100Mbps this indicates the cable connecting the XR to the ISP modem/router is either not capable of 1000Mbps or is faulty. To test try the other cable you have your PC connected to the router with and see if the link speed for internet improves to 1000Mbps. If it does then you'd need to get another cable to replace the 100Mbps one.

I have tried different cables now, same deal. Plugged in my RT-AC66U router using the same cables and im getting 95.30 Mbit/s down and 89.16 Mbit/s up on the speed test again

• Administrators

If that's getting the same low speeds then it may be the port on the modem that is restricting it, try another if it has it or contact the ISP to see if they can replace the equipment.

20 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If that's getting the same low speeds then it may be the port on the modem that is restricting it, try another if it has it or contact the ISP to see if they can replace the equipment.

Im getting my full speed (~100/~100) NOT using the XR500, ive tried downgrading to XR500-V2.3.2.66 and did a factory reset, no luck

• Administrators

How did you/have you disabled QoS exactly to see if it works? From the Anti-Bufferbloat/Congestion Control 3 line option menu? Have you disabled Share Excess for upload on Bandwidth Allocation?

27 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

How did you/have you disabled QoS exactly to see if it works? From the Anti-Bufferbloat/Congestion Control 3 line option menu? Have you disabled Share Excess for upload on Bandwidth Allocation?

Yes, something really odd is going on, its not seeing the computer on the correct port either, its saying its on port 4 but the cable is in port 1 (and eth1 led blinks)image.thumb.png.023a3f5d28457910b8ffcd2e1dd5601b.png

• Administrators

The port numbers are fine. You need to have share excess enabled for it to get full speeds, though with QoS disabled that way it should work. In case it isn't disabling please do that and see

14 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The port numbers are fine. You need to have share excess enabled for it to get full speeds, though with QoS disabled that way it should work. In case it isn't disabling please do that and see

This is getting a bit frustrating for me, ive tried with/without Qos, different cables, different ports, several different firmwares. Should not be having this problem with a 2 month old 285€ piece of hardware.

Edit: Anyway, thanks for your time.

• Administrators

Could you re-enable QoS please then make a Traffic Prioritization rule for the device you're testing with:

Source 1-65535
Destination 1-65535
Protocol TCP/UDP

then do a speed test please and see what you get.

• Administrators

If with QoS disabled it isn't working then I don't think it is a DumaOS issue as there is nothing else on our side that would restrict it. If you do modem > Asus > XR do you get full speeds on the XR then?