Cod Search Ping

Antisocial117

When I first load into call of duty, and I have filtering enabled, my first game I will start search at lets say 40 ping and then after a little bit it will bump up the search ping until I find a game. After the first game I will be stuck at one set search ping and it won’t go higher and I have trouble finding a game after that. Any idea on how to keep it like it was when I initially searching for a game?

Edited by Antisocial117

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you change your settings at all once you've launched the game? It should just allow you to keep connecting to the servers within your allowed radius

I usually just have the geo filter pulled up on a chrome tab, but I don’t change any settings. But what I have realized is on the ping heat map the Tx server will change from let’s say 45 ping to 50-55 ping but after the first game that I searched and got into a game at “45” ping I will only search at 45 ping and stay stuck at that search ping and not be able to find a game since my ping to the Tx server is now higher then search ping. Only way I have been able to mitigate this Is my restarting my game 

25 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's really odd, I'm not sure why it would do that. Did you notice it before or after the recent update?

If you put Ping Assist to 60ms, does that help?

If I turn ping assist to 60 won’t it connect me to other servers outside of me filter zone?

I think I have found the solution, or it just started working. I was turning off my fence, and then letting my friends join, then turning it back on. And it would do that, but instead I just whitelisted them and now it searches just fine and the ping goes up incrementally just like before.