GeoFilter Suddenly Stopped Working for Warzone

Johnnie

I've had my XR500 router for about a month now and it's been working well with the Geofilter. However, it suddenly stopped working and keeps putting me in a ping assisted server in California. I'm trying to stick to playing in the pacific north west area. Can anyone help with this to get the geofilter working again?  

I've tried removing the device and readding, restarting my PC, flushing cloud... 

router.thumb.PNG.45c974e4b1146f2fd0e767c1858606b2.PNG

router.PNG

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Did you change any Geo-Filter settings while on the game or enable/disable the filter while you were on it or the game/client was active in the system tray?

Hi yes - I enabled the filter prior to launching the game and did disable and re-enable while in-game. I've done this before and it used to work no problem. Now it doesn't work even if I only enable the geofilter before launching the game and not touching it in-game. 

• Administrators

Try this please:

1. Hard turn off the console
  2. Remove the device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Flush the cloud
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter and choose the manual option
  5. Setup your settings with 0 Ping Assist
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up the game

Then see if you can see if it works better for you.

• Administrators

In WAN Settings do you have NAT set to Open by any chance? If so switch back to secured, does it then work correctly?

If not upgrade to .114 and then factory reset and see if it works https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/New-Firmware-v2-3-2-108-XR500/m-p/2047885/highlight/true#M3538

• Administrators

Use Ping Heatmap and identify where the closest/lowest ping servers are for you and draw polygons over those locations - should speed up the search and give you more server options.

You're welcome, thank you and you!