Xr300 help

Hello. Bought a nighthawk xr300 a couple days ago and have not been able to get it to work. Here's what I can share about my problem. 

So for one, I'm on xfinity with a arris tg1682g modem... I think it's a modem right? 

So I connect the arris modem to the knighthawk router and setup the wireless which works. Then I plug in the ether net cable from both thr nighthawk  and the arris to test and neither have internet connection to my pc. So I just stick with the wireless connection and try to run dumaos. When geo locating I do not get any servers for my call of duty selection. I've tried flushing, rebooting and resetting my modem and restarting my pc and nothing. Really want to know what I'm doing wrong, I have basic computer knowledge nothing to extensive so if anyone can give me an idea of what else to trouble shoot I'd be more than grateful, thank you. 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

It's a gateway as it also provides WiFi. How did you connect them together, ethernet from one of the ports on the Arris to the internet port on the XR300?

You connected the PC into the LAN port in the router?