Trying to configure Netduma R2 with existing router...

13r0wn7

Hi, Im wondering if anybody would be able to give me some assistance.. I am currently using my existing router/modem Asus (DSL) version as it has a modem built in. I am wanting to keep the Asus router to control all the wireless network as I have tested both and the Netduma is very intermittent. So currently I have that up and running with the Netduma plugged in receiving the internet using DHCP mode and I have also set DMZ on the ASUS.
This receives the internet no problem. My issue is when I want to use it for my PS5 (PS5 is plugged directly into the netduma) the QOS does not detect me playing Call of Duty and also when using the GEO filter this also has no effect. I have set this up working fine before by using just a basic modem and the netduma but I changed the setup due to the poor wifi hence why I am wanting to use the ASUS for that purpose and the Netduma purely for my PS5.

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

QoS won't be as effective as most devices are not connected to the R2, therefore it can't control them. How have you added the PS5 to Traffic Prio? What do you mean the Geo-Filter has no effect exactly?

Basically ever since I have tried to use the Netduma just for my PS5 only non of the features work. So the QOS speed no longer changes,  used to automatically reduce speed to improve ping.

Also it no longer has any effect on the Geofilter. So  before I would load games and you would visibly see the severs popping up etc,, now there is nothing. Is it because you have to have the Netduma as the sole router? 

If I use the App it used to light up once I had loaded the game, this also doesn't light up. So for some reason using the Asus as a router/modem for my all my IOT.

Just been reading thought posts... is it because the ASUS is infront of the Netduma? So my connection goes DSL---ASUS=Internet---DHCP--Netduma... 

If thats the case is the anyway I would be able to use my Asus router and the Wifi for everything else and the Duma for my PS5 only?

Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 18.17.49.png

Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 18.17.54.png

Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 18.18.24.png

Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 18.27.16.png

• Administrators

Double check the IP on the PS5 that it says it has then go to the Device Manager and check whether the IP matches with the device you think the console is, do they match?

For the Geo-Filter follow these steps please:

1. Hard turn off the console
  2. Remove the device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Flush the cloud
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter and choose the manual option
  5. Setup your settings with 0 Ping Assist
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up the game

Then see if you can see icons appearing on the map.

I’ve finally got it working! I did what you said, didn’t seem to work so I just reset to factory settings and just went from there! Seems to be working although it did seem “crash” when I say that I mean it was still connected to the ASUS router but there was no internet. There was however internet on the Asus side.

thanks