Question about QoS when streaming from console itself

gameiznotover

Hey guys,

I'm not super knowledgeable with Netduma features, so I'll keep it simple. 

So, the DumaOS QoS' job is to prevent gameplay spikes in gameplay right? You must select which console to prioritize and how much bandwidth goes to each device right? So say that when my brother watches YouTube or something on hia phone it then shouldn't interfere with my gameplay session. But what if I want to stream from the console itself? Isn't that gonna cause my ping to be allover the place since it's the same device that has the highest priority? 🤔. Is there a way to have the QoS take care of the streaming spikes when they are caused by the same console?

I tried to stream from my PS5 the other day and it was terrible. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks 😘

Hey! 

Essentially QoS is designed to prevent congestion in your network affecting your gameplay! We have a great guide to help you optimise it for your setup:

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077073-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-qos

You can prioritise by device, so if you give your PS5 priority over other devices in the network, both stream and game traffic should be prioritised!