Do I need Duma?

PlayDoh

Hey there. 
 So I’ve dreamt about a Duma running router for quite a while. I’m now replacing my ancient router and need a gaming router. 
 Now I play COD exclusively, I live near Calgary Alberta Canada. There’s like 3 servers in the US, and I’m much closer to the west coast one. My ping is usually 50-70, and I can accept that. By that I mean I won’t complain since I live in the country (rural) and use WISP (fixed wireless ISP). 

I pay for 100 Mb/s but get 10-40 down and a consistent 1.5 up. Yet I have smart TVs, kids who live online, and if I play online I need to turn my Wifi off or get lag spikes. I have my old router tweaked, but it’s QOS is not enough. 

Now I’m eyeing a XR1000, but I’m wondering if I’ll find the geofiltering really helpful. If there’s only one clear server I play on, what’s the point? Maybe in the future, or different games it would be good to have. 
I don’t want to spend $550 CAD and only really use $300 of that, sort to speak. And I can only find an XR1000 on the US Amazon, which I find very odd. Would suggest there’s not much demand for one here. 
I can get an equivalent router, minus DumaOS, for $300 and drive to the store and get one. I have read peoples stories how DUMA didn’t do much or anything for them. 

So if anyone could offer some advice, I would greatly appreciate it. I know who I’m asking here, and I’m not questioning the value or ability of Duma. Yet if you fish in a small lake, you wouldn’t need a big boat, kind of analogy. 
Thanks

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Well the Geo-Filter will ensure you get that server every time - depends how often you think you don't get that server. The XR1000 I think is probably overkill for your particular connection and you wouldn't be able to reap all the benefits of it. The QoS could definitely help with your current needs. If you don't mind waiting a bit, our Netduma R2 is cheaper and we do ship to Canada but there is a delay on shipments until the end of February when new stock arrives.