For any one having connection issues i think i can help.

Spenchev

So I've had my Netduma r2 for 3 weeks kept getting connection issues here's what I've found.

-Flat out this router would not accept my modem in bridge mode so if your modem is in bridge  and it doesn't  recognize a connection don't bother messing with it unless you have intentions of calling your provider for additional info such as a static ip.

-Now for what worked for me has had no issues since i put the R2s wan as static make sure to pick a ip with in the range of your modem for example mine was 192.168.0.1 so my staring range was 192.168.0.10 which means it has 250 plus ips or keys it can assign i picked 192.168.0.23 you can pick any thing in that range other than the first number I recommend a slightly higher number so its not he same as any other devices that may have been connected before. subnet will most likely be 255.255.255.0 then your gateway will be the ip address of your modem 192.168.0.1 was mine then you will need to enable dns override for these numbers you will need to log into your modem and find the basic section that shows ip and dns your modem is using copy those dns address to your r2 dns override section also well you are logged into the modem DMZ the ip you picked for your R2 192.168.0.23 is what i had set so i put it in .

Network Configuration
LAN
  IP Address: . . . 
  MAC Address: 3c:90:66:e5:57:59
Interface/Prefix    
  None Specified  
WAN
  IP Address: 209.195.66.197
  MAC Address: 4c:90:66:e3:59:58
  Duration 😧 01 H: 08 M: 51 S: 24
  Expires: Thu Feb 04 19:06:59 2021
  IPv4 DNS Servers:

209.197.828.2          *these are the dns overide numbers you will need from your modem keep in mind these are just examples

Advanced

DMZ Host

This page allows configuration of a specific network device to be exposed or visible directly to the WAN (public internet).  This may be used when problem applications do not work with port triggers. Entering a "0" means there are no exposed hosts.
DMZ Address 192.168.0.

-finally you will need to change your lease time on the R2 under neetwork settings and the lan section change the lease from 12 to 168.

-you should also turn off wifi on your modem as to many signals will cause problems.

Hope this helps message me if you need some help finding things.

I also wanted to let you know that this router has done some of the strangest things I’ve ever seen and I’ve owned quite a few routers and modems over the years one of which was that it had an original IP address when I had it in DHCP and it was within the range of what the modem should have leased it then I checked back the next day and the IP address is a totally different number outside of the IP address range which is why I believe that this needs to be in static IP

16 minutes ago, Spenchev said:

Fraser I think a lot of people need to put it in static I’ve seen a lot of complaints all similar to mine. 

i have a pure modem when you say static do you mean reserve ip per device under lan settings?>

also how does changing your lease time help im now on 168 what was the default?

many thanks

no worries i see static in wan i have to get this from my isp and they dont do that.

Like Fraser was saying In your case you would need to get the information from your Internet provider they would have your static IP address and DNS information you’ll need that to set up the R2 in static mode.

Please dont get me wrong im not having any issues with my R2 infact im very have the fue miner things got sorted by Fraser and the team very quickly im just trying to read and learn and refine my settings the best it could possible be.i thank you as well.

So try this on your r2 Under network settings and then the wan section and then click network

tick static

ip 192.168.1.43

subnet 255.255.255.0

gateway 192.168.1.1

then enable DNS override

Now put in there the DNS is provided to you from your IP provider as your primary and secondary 

also to be safe turn off ipv6 on general