Tips for new setup on Bell Fibe ISP

TrashPandaInThe6

Hello all,

Thanks in advance for any advice its much appreciated. I'm anxiously awaiting my R2 to arrive and just wanted to get some info or tips on best way to  everything up. I'm fairly new to this sort of thing up until now I've always just used an ethernet cable directly from console to ISP modem. if anyone has any tips or experience using a net duma router with BELL FIBE id appreciate it.

ISP and modem: BELL FIBE HOME HUB 3000

Devices id like to use on the R2 router: PS5 and Google Wifi  ( this is so create a mesh network for the upper floors of my townhouse since my ISP modem is in the basement  near my gaming setup.

😁

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Putting the Bell in modem/bridge or passthrough modes would be ideal but what a lot of people do is put the R2 WAN IP in the DMZ of the hub - that will then ensure an Open NAT and once all devices are connected behind the R2 for it to control the network. Regarding Google WiFi you won't be able to set that up using WPS so you may need to look on the manual for an alternative connection method.

Thanks for the quick response much appreciated!

Would I be able to plug the “main” google Wi-Fi pod into the r2 using one of the Ethernet ports to make use of it?

Currently I have the main pod wired into my homehub3000 and then they wirelessly connect to each other throughout the house. Since the first one is hard wired would that work for the R2 as well?

home hub 3000>CAT6e Ethernet cable>google wifi main pod> wireless connection> other google wifi pods.

would I be able to set it up this way? home hub 3000 > Cat6e ethernet cable > R2 > CAT6e Ethernet cable > google wifi main pod > wireless connection >  other google wifi pods.

as for setting up in bridge mode vs R2 WAN IP are there any benefits to one vs the other or do they achieve the same goal? 

• Administrators

Ah that's great, then yes it will definitely work that way!

They pretty much achieve the same goal which is to direct traffic straight through to the R2. The bridge method will disable the WiFi on the hub while DMZ will allow that to still broadcast - serving as a backup if you will.