Router cannot create a successful connection with PC

Dann Dy

I was not able to connect to the Netduma R2 router after it's initial setup after a couple of days before trying to connect it to the modem. Connection was wired.

PC is getting a 169.254.4.* IP Address instead of the DHCP IP of 192.168.77.*. Tried to reset the router several times also, but did not even managed to have a successful connection and a DHCP assigned IP Address.

image.png.6b6cbd763077aa4e3864ee00fca6c391.png

Workarounds tried:

1. Manually setting up the IP Address ti 192.168.77.* and the gateway to 192.168.77.1 - still cannot ping the gateway ip.

2. Reset the DHCP settings in the registry - still IP address assigned was with 169.254.*.

3. Tried connecting it via another router, but secondary router also can't make a successful connection with the R2 router.

4. Tried the 30/30/30, still does not reset the router to have a successful connection.

Firmware : R2 3.0.179

Power LED: ON

2.4GHz LED: ON

5GHz LED: ON

LAN Port 1: ON

Would appreciate the support/response.

4 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Thanks for posting, sorry to hear you're having trouble!

So judging by your version, you presumably had access to the interface at some point?

When did this issue start occurring, did it follow any configuration changes?

So judging by your version, you presumably had access to the interface at some point?

- Yes, I had a successful 1st setup with the R2 but the router was not yet connected into the ISP. It was only initially configured offline, waiting for the ISP modem to be connected.

When did this issue start occurring, did it follow any configuration changes?

- The issue was first encountered a few days after it was initially configured. I connected the R2 into out ISP modem, but when trying to connect with the R2 the laptop used was assigned with an 169.254.x.x instead of the 192.168.77.x.