XR500 Crashes iregularly and reboots

My xr500 seems to crash for no reason and reboot. Both the power light and internet light go blank then red and back to operating normally. This happens sometimes multiple times within an hour. Any assistance will be appreciated.

At first a week ago I had it connected to an extender and assumed that may be the issue so I switched to the wall and had the same issue so just to be safe I plugged it into another outlet and issue still remains. Seems about the same either way.

• Administrators

Just to confirm, when this happens, all internet is lost is that right?

I would recommend reupgrading to the same firmware using the TFTP method which bypasses the boot process and any issues there and then do a factory reset, that will get you the freshest install possible and that will hopefully resolve it. If not I think it is faulty and you'd need to contact Netgear for a replacement.

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

Yes all internet goes out. I plugged my PC into my modem to make sure it wasn't because of that and I have no problems. I've had this router for maybe half a year although I'm sure I haven't registered my router because I am in the military and must've forgot to in-between deployments so I hope netgear still helps me. Thank you for your time.