XR500 Netduma QoS and other settings (fix it!!!)

Hey guys! after 2 years my negativity over netgear/netduma is finally reached out..

Guys. Im reading topics, search for problems. Usually their always, always the same. Geo Filter not working, QoS not working, traffic prio not working.

Can you guys please fix this? Then those "try to factory reset", try to restart... Ok. Did all those things 10x time meanwhile.

Problem: Traffic prio is not recognizedd

QoS is enabled. If i click under traffic prio - "activate all devices for netduma games" i can see, the router is doing alteast something and some traffic seems like to "prio".

So the funktion, "should" work. But, i dont want ALL my devives have prio ANYTHING and EVERYTHING because i CANT see what is happening.

If i disable the "all devices netduma games" and ADD ONLY my PC.. ill drop the ports im using for the specific application, it doesnt work at all.

So - why not?

I tried the cheap trick, to set the PC under console in the manager. Nope. Doesnt work.

I mean this, is a simple setting - why it doesnt work?

I dont want to add 1000000 applications for all devices what exactly should be the profit? i cant controll, i cant see wich ports/traffic is prioring right now, so it could be all placebo - ore the router is maybe prio the TEXT chat? maybe it is PRIO my WINDOWS UPDATE? maybe its prio SOMETHING i didnt know?

I want to use it, as it should.

QoS Enables
Add traffic prio device+ports

doesnt work.

how to fix?

*update* sorry

if i have my game open, i start taskmanager, sniff in the network and i can CLEARY see there is one connection to the server using port 7500. 

i added my PC with the port 7500-7509 - it doesnt prio it, there is no light, the traffic in high prio is not updating.

This, should 100% work without anything. Thats the simpliest task of all and to be fair the important part here and why the hell does it not work?!?!

If this whole things dont getting to work soon, ill drop this router OUT and ill do a fucking big nice video about it, how it DOESNT work. 

i can add "games console" under service, wich ports services is this using?! can i edit it? can i add my own services? when i activate it, there is traffic going to prio high and the logs shows its high traffic going over there. But could be any traffic, i ONLY want my specific application/service/port to prio, not SOMETHING

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I assume when you're prioritizing that you're doing it with source and destination, source can always change so we recommend if choosing your own ports to set source to 1-65535 and it will work. Games Console service uses 1024-65535. What are you trying to prioritize exactly?

hey! first at all, i hope i was not to rude ore anything.. your repley was kinda.. hell fast :D thx for that..

Exactly, going over source and destinations ports.

First of all, i would love to prio only those 2 udp ports "3074, 3097". Its from destiny 2 and those ports are ALWAYS used if i connect to the game. It doesnt work, when i add them. 

There was a comment a while ago from u, where u said there will be a list in the future with the games list wich is using "games consoles" and it uses deep stuff to recognize game traffic.

It sounds cool but i cant thrust it, if i cant see it :(

what do u mean set source to 1-65535, and destination i use 3097?

update, yes with source 1-65535 (wich is standard in there) and destination 3097 it works, whats the reason for this?

• Administrators

No not at all! You're very welcome!

Glad to hear you got it working. Source ports are the ports the traffic comes in on, it doesn't always use the same ports so thats why for any ports a game uses you should set that for the destination as that always stays the same.