XR500 Connection Interrupted/Extreme Lag

xr500 running FW V2.3.2.104-DumaOS3.0-Beta

ISP's Technicolor tc4400-am Modem

Router is constantly disconnecting, logs show DHCP lease renewals every 30 minutes or so. Tried the latest FW update, disconnects persist. Tried rolling back to previous FW updates, no fix. Now with the 3.0 beta the router is performing better but I can't find a solution to the DHCP disconnect issue. Since upgrading to 3.0, disconnects only last 10 seconds or so(as opposed to 5-10 minutes before) but it's still long enough to boot me from every CoD game I join. I've done factory resets after each FW install and tried just about every solution I could find on these forums.  ISP has been out twice and of course they swear everything is fine on their end. I'm just looking for basic functionality at this point but I'm at a dead end. Any ideas?

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. It might be the ISP lease is every 30 minutes in which case they could extend that in theory. If you give devices reserved IPs in LAN Settings does that stop them disconnecting?

I confirmed with ISP this afternoon that their lease expires every 8 hours. All devices currently connected have reserved IPs but continue to disconnect regularly.

Also getting this 20-30 times in the logs between DHCP lease changes - [DumaOS] Error parsing line in ARP table: 'fe80::deeb:94ff:feb5:9c19 dev brwan lladdr dc:eb:94:b5:9c:19 router STALE', Thursday,

I think I've actually got it working. Going on 20+ hours with no disconnects. Factory reset after 3.0 beta install, QoS enabled set on Always, NAT filtering set to open, Disable SIP ALG checked, all my stationary devices (no phones/ipads) have IP reservations, UPnP on, IPv6 off. I followed the directions in the post linked below. Speedtests wired in to the XR500 are now identical to tests ran when wired directly to the modem. Finally! Not sure if any of the settings above played a part in fixing it but figured I'd post them just in case. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/Fix-for-router-constantly-losing-connection-in-bridge-mode/td-p/1641529