XR450 behind pfSense box

I built a pfSense box and I put the XR450 Nighthawk behind it.  

Modem -> pfSense box -> XR450 Nighthawk

I configured the XR450 to have an IP that is on my pfSense subnet.  I then hooked an ethernet cable to a LAN port on the XR450 and the other end to my pfSense box.   All devices connected to my XR450 ports receive an IP address from pfSense, as well as the wireless devices 👍.   It appears that the router itself cannot access the internet, since www.routerlogin.net does not work.   Not a big deal, I then entered the routers IP address - 192.168.1.20.   The standard DumaOS main screen appeared to start loading, then I received the message 'The R-App is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute.'   I could never get R-App to load, so I assume R-Apps are accessing the internet.    I then used 192.168.1.20/advanced.   This advanced menu loaded just fine and I was able to access the entire menu.

My questions:

- Is this expected, than the XR450 does not have internet access unless using the WAN port?

- Do R-Apps require an internet connection?

- If I continue with the current setup, will there be any issues?   🤔   Are any processes going to be continuously trying to access the internet, causing a load on the XR450?

Hey!

Yes, the XR450 will need the upstream device (whether it be the modem or otherwise) to be connected via the WAN port. Then, devices that you want to go through the XR450 are connected by either the LAN ports or Wirelessly!

It is strange that the R-apps haven't loaded, they don't require an active internet connection to load. Have you tried rebooting the router and seeing if it restores functionality?