Cold War UK servers (dedicated)

DarokOrbChoir

All week there has been 1 dedicated server that on the filter it looked like it was in Belgium 

Today there was another 1 in the Midlands (UK) 

15 ping but it never connected me to it 

I polygon'd round it and set the ping assist to 20 but after 4 hours it never once put me on it... 

Am i doing something wrong? 

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I had a look as well and I can see this, I think they may be partially mislocated but it looks like if you put your polygon over the UK and France you should get quite a similar ping, does that work?

Put 2 polygons round the 2 uk servers and set ping assist to 0 now I'm getting 25-30 ping so I'm happy 

Peer reports as 15 ping on the geo filter auto ping page but I connect at 30... Is that normal... 

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, DarokOrbChoir said:

Put 2 polygons round the 2 uk servers and set ping assist to 0 now I'm getting 25-30 ping so I'm happy 

Peer reports as 15 ping on the geo filter auto ping page but I connect at 30... Is that normal... 

Great! As in, in game shows 30? Yes that is normal because it includes things like processing delay on the server side. 

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, DarokOrbChoir said:

Thanks for the heads up..  I work in IT Support and I know about network overheads so I thought as much... 

Thanks for the speedy reply 

Ah great! You're very welcome! Any other questions do let us know and we'll be happy to help.