Can't access DumaOS software in Windows.

Colonel__Forbin

Hello, I just lost the ability to access the DumaOS software via any browser (Firefox, Chrome and Edge) on my laptop on either wifi or ethernet.  Context being I have an issue where I can never access it when my NordVPN is off (running in the background of Windows and not integrated into DumaOS), I have tried clearing my cache and running it in private windows, turning off my firewalls and doing a factory reset on the R1. This issue has happened to me before to the point this is my second R1 that you sent me to replace the first one (free, thank you)  because this of this same problem. The error I get is the browsers on my laptop saying my internet is being blocked, sometimes the connection times out and rarely I can actually see the "Authenticate App" login for a brief moment before I get the error message. The only difference this time is can actually get to the interface through Safari on my iPhone so I know the hardware is still good.  The interface on the phone though is not useful to actually run the software.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

• Administrators

So your PC will be creating a direct tunnel to the VPN server so it kind of makes sense that could happen - using this same PC, are you able to access the interface of the modem/router the R1 is connected to?

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, Colonel__Forbin said:

Actually no.  Was troubleshooting that just now and accessed both with another laptop.

Just to clarify, another laptop allows both to be accessed using the VPN but not another, indicating a problem with the specific laptop?

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Just to clarify, another laptop allows both to be accessed using the VPN but not another, indicating a problem with the specific laptop?

Sorry, the second laptop does not use a VPN and has never done so.  I was able to access both routers with the second laptop.  Which would indicate a problem with the first specific laptop that uses Nord VPN.

9 minutes ago, Colonel__Forbin said:

Sorry, the second laptop does not use a VPN and has never done so.  I was able to access both routers with the second laptop.  Which would indicate a problem with the first specific laptop that uses Nord VPN.

Just downloaded and tried using the Opera browser, which I have never downloaded or used previously, and got the same result.

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Can you access the modem specifically on the laptop when the VPN is applied? What does the PC itself say your IP address, is it a local address?

Previously the VPN would have to be applied to access the Netduma at all. Now  I can’t access it all, VPN on or off. Normally I would have it set as local as possible (NY), but would change my VPN location from time to time if need be. The set location never dictated whether I could access the Netduma. 

• Administrators

With the VPN, did it install a new network adapter at all? I seem to recall that if it did then if you're disconnected from the VPN but obtaining internet from that 'adapter' then it could cause the problem.

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

With the VPN, did it install a new network adapter at all? I seem to recall that if it did then if you're disconnected from the VPN but obtaining internet from that 'adapter' then it could cause the problem.

Hmm. That is not something I’m familiar with. I’ll look into that. Thank you. 

• Administrators

That is great to hear, glad to hear you found the cause and thank you for updating us with the solution as it may help someone in the future! You're very welcome, no need to apologize! I'll close this topic now as it is resolved but feel free to make another if you have any other issues or questions and we'll be happy to help.