Extra Tax Payment (order 30169)

dejf

Hello, sorry for my Enlish ;)

I got urgent question. On 28.12 I order Netduma R2 and pay with paypal. Today I got message from DHL that delivery gonna be tomorow, and just now a second message from DHL that i need to pay an extra TAX with amount 41.05euro. I'm from Belgium, there was nowhere written about extra costs. What I supposed to do now?

Thank You

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear this has happened. Normally you shouldn't have got fees as you're in the EU but I think because of Brexit things like customs fees for importing/exporting from the UK/EU has changed. I've asked the team about this but do email us [email protected] as they should be more knowledgeable on this. 

OK, I gonna send email also. The package gonna be tomorrow, I will pay the TAX because I am curious about Your product but I am not satisfied with the situation and I hope that will be able to explain it somehow.

Thanks for quick reply

Thanks for showing interest.

I heard You have from today lockdown (im sorry about that), does Your office reply at that time to e-mails? because my package is stuck i DHL stock until i pay the TAX and I dont know how long can stay there until I get a reply from Your office.

Thanks again for Your help

• Administrators
2 hours ago, dejf said:

I heard You have from today lockdown (im sorry about that), does Your office reply at that time to e-mails? because my package is stuck i DHL stock until i pay the TAX and I dont know how long can stay there until I get a reply from Your office.

Thank you, thankfully the vaccine is underway at least. We will still be replying to emails and I did notify them you would be emailing so they should respond today.

Guest Killhippie
5 hours ago, dejf said:

I imagine you will have to pay because as we are no longer members of the EU so you now pay import duty, the same as the people in UK did when they imported goods from countries like Canada which was outside of the EU and I had to pay import duty. Its just the law now and there isn't much that anyone can do about that.

• Administrators
46 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

I imagine you will have to pay because as we are no longer members of the EU so you now pay import duty, the same as the people in UK did when they imported goods from countries like Canada which was outside of the EU and I had to pay import duty. Its just the law now and there isn't much that anyone can do about that.

DHL did inform us this shouldn't have been an issue so we're looking into it.

Guest Killhippie
6 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

DHL did inform us this shouldn't have been an issue so we're looking into it.

I think everything is a mess tbh Fraser, nobody seems to know what's going on any more but normally you do pay import duty on electronics from other countries but Brexit  has made this a mess as of now until companies work out whats what :(

Guest Killhippie
Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

Who knew leaving a huge economic union would have such a big affect! 🤪

I think we can guess ;)

Like You say Killhippie is a mess. I hope they will normalize it somehow. I already got all information from Liam and Thank all of You from team Netduma for quick contact and solving problem, hope to receive parcel tomorrow and enjoy to use Your product.

Best Regards

Dawid