Ping with my provider so high through Eth cable.

Juan Bernado

Hello everyone, 

I am having recently issues with my ping to my internet provider usin my PS4 as I am getting a very very high ping (Before was around 5ms) and the speed are very limited. 

See a screen from my ps4 about the test. 

- Removed for safety - Picture showed Hyperoptic speed test through PS4 web browser - 77 down, 49ms ping -

And now I am attaching a picture from my laptop via WIFI. 

You will see the differences:

- Removed for safety - Picture showed Hyperoptic speed test through PC - 3ms ping, 257.5 down, 292.2 up - 

I am contaqcting to see if I may have any option that could be restricitng my PS4 somehow (Strange because all the things I set in my ps4 is to be more open instead of restricted.. DMZ) and got the QOS completely disabled 

Thanks,

Juan

Edited by Netduma Fraser
Removed pictures as they showed your IP address.

Hello, 

I just also connected my Laptop through Eth cable and I am getting the good response, is only happening in my PS4.

- Removed for safety - Picture showed Hyperoptic speed test through PC - 2ms Ping, 678.7 down, 823.3 up -

• Administrators

The PS4 web browser is not a very up to date web browser and so on certain tests it may appear as though it is worse than it is. Do you ever get a game server that is close to 49ms? If no then the console couldn't have that high a ping. Also either way gaming doesn't require much bandwidth so you have plenty as well.