Super laggy connection

Drdanes

Hello frineds,

New to the forum. I bought the R2 router to improve my connection and try to get a better ping when playing COD multiplayer. However, ever since I started using the router it's like I'm playing hardcore. I lose basically every gunfight. I have recorded videos of how fast I die and the question I get is if I'm playing hardcore when I'm not. I not too good or familiar with the settings of this router though I have check some youtube videos. Any help would be appreciated. Attached a short clip of what usually happens. Also, I am currently using 1 gigabit internet connection wired. normal speed for my main internet rouer is 450MBPS down and 250-300 MBPS up on wireless. Thank you all and happy new year.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

The video is really short so hard to tell what is happening exactly. What is your average ping as shown by the Geo-Filter and what does it show in game?

Are ALL devices connected to the R2? What are your QoS & Geo-Filter Settings and can you provide a screenshot of your Benchmark results too please?

• Administrators

Your Geo-Filtering isn't in filtering mode so won't be forcing games within your parameters there. If not all devices are connected then QoS can't control the network properly and so you may experience local congestion. Ping Under Load test indicates you can fine tune Congestion Control a bit more to get the spikes down.

• Administrators

You will need to add your friends to your allow list so that you can connect to them in filtering mode, you can see how at the bottom of this page:

http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-filter

Is it not possible to connect all devices to the R2? If not then there is no need to use QoS if only the gaming device is connected as it is not competing with any other devices on the R2 that can be controlled.

I tried all of the above mentioned options to no avail. No matter what I do the ping is never lower than 40. I disabled QoS since there are no other divises connected. The only thing the worked was chatting with all my friends once added to the allow list. How can I request a return/refund?

• Administrators

Your radius is quite large as well so you'll be getting some servers with slightly higher ping, restrict it further to just cover your area. Where are you looking at the ping, the Geo-Filter or in game? Geo-Filter shows the ping direct to the server and in game includes things like processing delay and can represent how under load the server is. Both pings are correct but you can't do anything about processing delay - all games have it but not all choose to show it in their ping value. You can see return details here: https://netduma.com/terms/