Duma R2 - Dashboard failing to load

ClownsPockets

I've had the router since Christmas day and it already doing the stupid thing my R1 did. Why is the new router not capable of running for a week without hanging at the dashboard, forcing me to reboot?

What is the point of the new router if it struggles to run the OS like the R1 did? 

I've done that now. 

I get lag spikes if I leave the geofilter open in a tab on my laptop while I play FIFA. The spikes are accompanied by icons at the top of the screen in the game. My laptop fans also start to go mental when this happens. 

I has this problem with DumaOS on my R1 too.

What is the problem?

Playing FIFA on PS4. 

Web browser Google Chrome. 

I have another new problem. I can't connect to servers in another game because I turned on filtering, which is fine. I can't turn filtering off in the interface however because the PS4 isn't listed as a device any more. 

• Administrators

It might be that leaving the browser open for longer periods of time is causing the memory to run low. Do you leave the interface open even when you aren't playing? 

Could you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing for the last issue please?

Is there a time limit on how long I can keep the geofilter tab open? That should be stated somewhere. 

No because I rebooted the router, again, and the problem is gone. 

I now have lost connection to the Internet, cant access the router admin settings via a browser and the phone app keeps crashing. 

Is it normal to have to reboot a router this often to keep it from being a nightmare to use? Really disappointed with the product. 

• Administrators
4 hours ago, ClownsPockets said:

Is there a time limit on how long I can keep the geofilter tab open? That should be stated somewhere. 

No because I rebooted the router, again, and the problem is gone. 

I now have lost connection to the Internet, cant access the router admin settings via a browser and the phone app keeps crashing. 

Is it normal to have to reboot a router this often to keep it from being a nightmare to use? Really disappointed with the product. 

That's only a theory at the moment, not a definitive cause of the issue. No set time, if you're playing games then you can keep it open, if you're not playing or changing settings then would suggest closing the interface. What happens when you try to access the interface? We are working on the connection issues so it's not normal but we're hoping to resolve those for the next version.